Scroll through Instagram or flick through the pages of your favourite interior design magazine and you’ll be guaranteed to find rooms filled with luscious plants.
We’re totally on board with the trend of bringing the outside in. With no end of benefits, from improving air quality to making a design statement, there’s no reason not to start (or grow!) your collection of houseplants. We’ve listed our favourites to get you started:
- Cactus: a perennial favourite, cacti come in all shapes and sizes. There’s no need for a strict watering schedule either, as this plant is used to dry desert conditions.
- Succulent: hugely popular, succulents look great in groups – line them up in your kitchen windowsill or collect minis to create a terrarium.
- Spider plant: water weekly and keep in a sunny spot. If you look after your spider plant well, you’ll be rewarded with shoots that you can re-pot and place around your home.
- Peace lily: featuring beautiful white flowers alongside dark green leaves, the peace lily made it on NASA’s list of air purifying plants. Need we say more?
- Swiss cheese plant: rising quickly to popularity recently, the ‘monstera deliciosa’ is also making its mark as printed wallpaper and bedding. This plant likes to be kept warm and moist, but take care not to overwater.
- Pancake plant: so called because of its circular leaves, the Chinese money plant likes a shady spot and weekly watering. Like the spider plant, if you look after your money plant you’ll be able to re-pot any offshoots.
Inspired? Make sure you tag @EmsleysProperty on social media so we can see your 'plantspiration'!
Looking for advice on buying or selling your home? Speak to a member of our knowledgeable team.Back to Blog