June is almost here (hopefully bringing with it some sunshine!), but first it’s Spring Bank Holiday weekend. If you’re looking to make plans (whilst staying COVID-safe), there are plenty of outdoor activities and days out in the local area.
We’ve put together a list of ideas for families and friends:
- Garforth May Bank Holiday Market: head to the main car park behind Barclays Bank on Sunday 30th May and Monday 31st May 2021 from 10am – 4pm for a variety of stalls. From crafts and food (including pizza and cakes), to local businesses and charities, it’s perfect for some retail therapy!
- Temple Newsam: the house, farm and playground have now reopened to the public (you must pre-book tickets for the house and farm), just in time for summer! The café has takeaway and outdoor seating options, and there’s plenty of space for walkers in the grounds and gardens.
- Lotherton Hall: the estate is open on a timed ticket basis – you must book in advance. Visitors can access the grounds and gardens, hall, Wildlife World and café. Ideal for a family day out.
- Swithens Farm: you can pre-book tickets online to visit the farmyard. The café has socially distanced indoor seating – plus the campsite has reopened for the summer months.
- Don’t forget your local high streets! Many local businesses have reopened recently and need our support. From gift shops and bakeries, to cafes, restaurants and takeaways, there are plenty of places to visit over the weekend. Check Google and social media for opening times and updates.