*** POPULAR DEVELOPMENT. FIRST TIME BUYER OPPORTUNITY. ***
Shared ownership property with 40% share available to purchase.
Brand new three bedroom semi-detached set in the village of Thorpe Willoughby conveniently located for easy access to A1/M1/M62 motorway network, Leeds, York and Selby. Comprising to the ground floor; entrance hall, WC, living room and kitchen/diner with French doors to the rear garden. To the first floor are three good sized bedrooms and a contemporary family bathroom. Gardens to the front and rear with off-street parking.
Proposed date for completion February 2021.
Call 24 hours a day 7 days a week to arrange a viewing as interest is expected to be high.
* Exterior picture for illustration purposes only and does not reflect the exact property.
Door to WC, living room and kitchen. Stairs to the first floor landing.
Two piece suite, PVCu double-glazed window and door to entrance hall.
Living room 5.13m x 4.52m
Store cupboard, PVCu double-glazed window to the rear aspect and French doors to the rear garden.
Kitchen 3.20m x 2.29m
With PVCu double-glazed window to the front aspect.
Doors accessing all rooms.
Master bedroom 2.46m x 3.20m
With storage cupboard and PVCu double-glazed window facing the front aspect. Door to en-suite.
Three piece suite with PVCu double-glazed window to the front aspect.
Bedroom 2 3.30m x 2.39m
With PVCu double-glazed window to the rear aspect.
Bedroom 3 2.21m x 2.03m
With PVCu double-glazed window to the rear aspect.
Comprising a three piece suite.
Gardens to the front and rear and off-road parking.
The service charge includes items such as building insurance, management fees, communal cleaning, communal grounds maintenance, communal electricity, door entry maintenance and contribution to the long term repair fund etc, the cost of this is to be confirmed.
The monthly rent on the remaining 60% will be £240.62
Applications need only be submitted by applicants who meet the required criteria.
There are some very specific criteria that must be met in order for an applicant to qualify for a shared ownership property. These are;
1) Be registered with local Help to Buy agent - Help to Buy North East Yorkshire & the Humberside (NEYH).
2) Be first time buyers (or owned previously) and cannot afford to buy on the open market.
3) Must demonstrate that they can afford to sustain Shared Ownership requirements ie: afford the mortgage and rent etc.
4) Household earnings must not exceed £80,000 per year.
5) Must not be able to buy on the open market.
Subject to acceptable applications a reservation fee of £500 will be payable.
This property is leasehold with 125 years from the point of completion.
Sherburn in Elmet
Sherburn in Elmet is a popular village situated between Leeds and York with plenty of local amenities, making it an ideal destination for families and older generations. Sherburn has easy access to the motorway network (A1/M1/M62), as well as close proximity to local railway stations including South Milford and Church Fenton.
Our Sherburn branch serves areas including Barkston Ash, Burton Salmon, Church Fenton, Hillam, Monk Fryston, Saxton, Selby and South Milford.
Schools / further education
- Sherburn High School
- Selby College
- Selby High School
- Tadcaster Grammar School
- Brayton High School
- Garforth Academy
Pubs / Restaurants
- Monk Fryston Hall, Monk Fryston – ideal for a light lunch, afternoon tea or a romantic dinner.
- The Queen o’ t’ owd Thatch, South Milford – a modern dining pub serving British cuisine prepared using locally sourced produce.
- China Palace, South Milford – restaurant serving Chinese cuisine.
- The Rockingham Arms, Towton – family-run pub offering classic dishes using local ingredients.
- Saffron, Sherburn in Elmet – authentic Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine available to eat in or take away.
- The Crooked Billet, Saxton – serves breakfast in the morning and traditional pub grub in the evening – it is also the home of the giant Yorkshire pudding.
- The Castle Inn, Cawood – a pub serving traditional meals, light bites or buffets for parties. Features a touring caravan park.
- Plus, there are lots of local pubs in and near the village serving food, as well as several takeaways.
- Leisure – Brayton Barff (an ancient woodland), Skipwith Common (a nature reserve comprising 500
acres of lowland heath, with three waymarked trails), Stillingfeet Lodge
Gardens (quintessentially English garden all managed to be as wildlife
friendly as possible).
- History – Selby Abbey (1,000 year old abbey with iconic architecture, sacred space and a vibrant worshiping community), Towton Battlefield (historic location with places to walk), Lotherton Hall (country estate comprising a country house, Edwardian gardens, woodland walks and a bird garden).
- Sporting – Fitness Motion (gym, fitness classes and personal trainers), Everyman Racing (bespoke driving experiences, cars include Formula 1 Grand Prix,
Ferrari, McLaren and more), Sherburn Aero Club (an airfield and flying club
where you can learn to fly or admire the skills of a pilot), many local sports clubs and activities.
- Shopping – Sherburn Centre (local, family-run businesses including bakers, butchers, DIY stores and more), York Centre (hop on the train and enjoy York’s
history, shops, bars and restaurants), Designer Outlet (indoor shopping centre on
the outskirts of York), Leeds centre (catch a train to take advantage of the
wide range of shops, bars and restaurants), Xscape (leisure complex near
Castleford with shops, bars, restaurants, cinemas, a snow slope and a bowling