***INCREDIBLE PLOT. ENVIABLE LOCATION. RARE OPPORTUNITY. NO CHAIN. ***
A very rare opportunity has arisen to purchase a beautiful cottage set in superb grounds with a delightful outlook in a tranquil area. The property briefly comprises to the ground floor; lounge, dining room, kitchen and breakfast/utility area. To the first floor are four bedrooms and a bathroom. Having majority PVCu double-glazing and oil fired central heating system. The property has a double electric gated access and provides ample parking with tarmacadam driveway which leads around the side of the property and onto the concealed detached double garage at the rear. Having approximately 2/3rds of an acre with majority laid to lawn gardens with stunning borders of flowers and shrubs overlooking fields to the side. There really are very few properties that benefit from such a superb position and location. Having excellent links to the A1/M62 motorway system and being close to York, Leeds and Selby, this property will surely be in high demand.
To arrange your viewing on this superb four bedroom detached cottage call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Having a PVCu composite double-glazed entrance door, PVCu double-glazed window to side aspect, cloak cupboard, open recess to staircase to first floor landing, door to dining room and arched open recess to lounge.
Lounge 4.88m x 4.70m
Having a focal cast-iron wood burner to a stone chimney breast with double panel central heating radiator, PVCu double-glazed bay window to front aspect and door to kitchen.
Dining room 3.84mx 3.73m
Decorative wood panelled chimney breast with stone-built fire place, double central heating radiator, PVCu double-glazed window to front aspect and door to breakfast/utility room.
Kitchen 5.11m x 2.39m
Having a bespoke range of wall and base units with complimentary work surfaces and splashback tiling. Stainless steel sink and drainer with mixer tap, integrated electric hob with extractor and double oven. PVCu double-glazed window to side aspect with door and single-glazed window to rear porch. Space for fridge, cupboards further PVCu double-glazed window to rear aspect and step down with open recess to breakfast/utility area.
Breakfast/utility area 3.96m x 2.36m
Currently housing the floor mounted boiler, space for washing machine and plumbing for dish washer. PVCu double-glazed window having outlook over field, door to dining room and 'stable-door' accessing rear garden.
Rear entrance porch 2.31m x 1.40m
PVCu double-glazed with French doors to rear.
First floor landing
Having doors accessing all rooms.
Master bedroom 3.78m x 3.86m
PVCu double-glazed window to front aspect and single panelled central heating radiator.
Bedroom two 3.81m x 3.33m
Having a range of built-in wardrobes, PVCu double-glazed window to front aspect and single panelled central heating radiator.
Bedroom three 3.94m x 2.41m
PVCu double-glazed windows to rear and side aspects with view over field and single panelled central heating radiator.
Bedroom four 2.54m x 2.64m
PVCu double-glazed window to side aspect and single panelled central heating radiator.
Bathroom 2.46m x 1.55m
Having a contemporary white suite comprising of a vanity housed wash hand basin with mixer tap over, tiled straight panelled bath with mixer tap/shower and push flush WC. Fully tiled walls with ceramic tiled flooring, chrome central heated towel warmer, ceiling down lighters and PVCu frosted double-glazed window. Under floor heating.
The property is accessed via a large double electric gate and leads onto a tarmacadam driveway with a stone boundary wall to the front garden with a majority laid to lawn with shrubs and trees surrounding. Passing the property under the car port via the driveway leads you to a detached double garage with ample parking for several cars. Due to being set in a plot of approximately 2/3rds of an acre, the garden opens to the side and is majority laid to lawn with a delightful range of flowers, plants and shrubs. The rear has a hedge boundary which provides plenty of privacy and leads onto an open grassed area with garden shed, wood store and greenhouse.
Double garage with electric roller door with power and light and has a useful store room to the side.
From our Sherburn In Elmet office on Low Street turn right towards the traffic lights. At the traffic lights turn left onto B1222 (Kirkgate) continue on this road and out of the village for approximately 1.5 miles. Just before the railway bridge turn left onto Gorse Lane and the property can be found on the left identified by our for sale board.
Sherburn in Elmet
Sherburn in Elmet is a popular village situated between Leeds and York with plenty of local amenities, making it an ideal destination for families and older generations. Sherburn has easy access to the motorway network (A1/M1/M62), as well as close proximity to local railway stations including South Milford and Church Fenton.
Our Sherburn branch serves areas including Barkston Ash, Burton Salmon, Church Fenton, Hillam, Monk Fryston, Saxton, Selby and South Milford.
Schools / further education
- Sherburn High School
- Selby College
- Selby High School
- Tadcaster Grammar School
- Brayton High School
- Garforth Academy
Pubs / Restaurants
- Monk Fryston Hall, Monk Fryston – ideal for a light lunch, afternoon tea or a romantic dinner.
- The Queen o’ t’ owd Thatch, South Milford – a modern dining pub serving British cuisine prepared using locally sourced produce.
- China Palace, South Milford – restaurant serving Chinese cuisine.
- The Rockingham Arms, Towton – family-run pub offering classic dishes using local ingredients.
- Saffron, Sherburn in Elmet – authentic Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine available to eat in or take away.
- The Crooked Billet, Saxton – serves breakfast in the morning and traditional pub grub in the evening – it is also the home of the giant Yorkshire pudding.
- The Castle Inn, Cawood – a pub serving traditional meals, light bites or buffets for parties. Features a touring caravan park.
- Plus, there are lots of local pubs in and near the village serving food, as well as several takeaways.
- Leisure – Brayton Barff (an ancient woodland), Skipwith Common (a nature reserve comprising 500
acres of lowland heath, with three waymarked trails), Stillingfeet Lodge
Gardens (quintessentially English garden all managed to be as wildlife
friendly as possible).
- History – Selby Abbey (1,000 year old abbey with iconic architecture, sacred space and a vibrant worshiping community), Towton Battlefield (historic location with places to walk), Lotherton Hall (country estate comprising a country house, Edwardian gardens, woodland walks and a bird garden).
- Sporting – Fitness Motion (gym, fitness classes and personal trainers), Everyman Racing (bespoke driving experiences, cars include Formula 1 Grand Prix,
Ferrari, McLaren and more), Sherburn Aero Club (an airfield and flying club
where you can learn to fly or admire the skills of a pilot), many local sports clubs and activities.
- Shopping – Sherburn Centre (local, family-run businesses including bakers, butchers, DIY stores and more), York Centre (hop on the train and enjoy York’s
history, shops, bars and restaurants), Designer Outlet (indoor shopping centre on
the outskirts of York), Leeds centre (catch a train to take advantage of the
wide range of shops, bars and restaurants), Xscape (leisure complex near
Castleford with shops, bars, restaurants, cinemas, a snow slope and a bowling