***SAVE £2,500 STAMP DUTY FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY***
*** NO CHAIN. DELIGHTFUL COTTAGE. ENVIABLE PLOT.***
An extended detached period cottage offering tastefully appointed accommodation along with delightful landscaped gardens and excellent parking facilities, at the heart of this continually sought after village. Briefly comprising entrance hall, two reception rooms and kitchen/diner extension to the ground floor. The first floor has two double bedrooms with en-suite and separate bathroom to the first floor.
The garden areas of 'The Cottage' form a most attractive feature. On the upper level adjacent to the visitor car parking shaped lawns with screening hedgerows, dwarf stone walling and borders with trees. The majority of the garden area being to the immediate rear of the property and accessed from both the front door and the kitchen via stone flagged footpaths.
Set within easy reach of motorway networks and amenities. Overall a lovely home in need of some updating.
Call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to arrange your viewing.
Lounge 4.19m x 4.62m
Having double glazed and leaded windows to both the front and side elevations, handsome oak fire surround with tiled interior, ornamental dado rail, twin arched chimney breast recesses with picture light points, coved ceiling, two central heating radiators and television point.
Entrance door, concealed central heating radiator, doors to both reception rooms and stairs to first floor.
Sitting/Dining Room 3.38m x 4.55m
Leaded windows to the side and rear elevations, the latter having a bench seat feature, brick fireplace with polished oak mantel and tiled side plinth with matching tiled hearth, exposed beams to ceiling, double central heating radiator, additional window to side, telephone point and useful under stairs storage area with fitted shelving.
Kitchen 3.50m x 3.23m
An extensive range of shaker style floor and wall mounted units with tiled splash-backs and granite effect work surfaces incorporating sink unit with mixer tap, plumbing for washing machine, electric point for cooker, double central heating radiator, tiled floor, double glazed leaded window enjoying a delightful aspect across the rear garden, door to side, exposed beams with recessed down-lighters.
Split-level landing with doors to both bedrooms and bathroom.
Bedroom 4.19m into door x 4.62m
Double glazed leaded windows to the front and side elevations, central heating radiator, telephone point, three-door wardrobe with hanging rails, shelves and top cupboards. Door to en-suite.
En-suite 2.34m x 1.65m
Push flush WC, wash hand basin and single shower enclosure. Frosted window to side.
Bedroom 3.45m x 2.72m
Double glazed leaded window to rear, central heating radiator and coved ceiling.
Bathroom 2.25m x 1.77m
Half tiled and having a white suite comprising low panelled bath with shower screen and tiled surround, pedestal wash hand basin and push flush WC, built-in airing cupboard housing the Combi Boiler, central heating radiator and PVCu double glazed window.
The property is approached from Main Street via a shared access, which gives access via a five bar gate to a large private graveled parking and turning area with space for four vehicles to the front of a substantial detached Garage, 18'9" x 13'3", having up-and-over door, electric light and power, personal door to side and excellent roof storage areas. The garden areas of 'The Cottage' form a most attractive feature with on the upper level adjacent to the car parking shaped lawns with screening hedgerows, dwarf stone walling and borders with trees. The majority of the garden area being to the immediate rear of the property and accessed from both the front door and the kitchen via stone flagged footpaths leading to a raised lawn again having dwarf stone walling with adjacent seating area from which a further flight of steps gives access to a third shaped lawned area having attractive borders with dwarf stone walling and storage area to the rear of the garage.
Sherburn in Elmet
Sherburn in Elmet is a popular village situated between Leeds and York with plenty of local amenities, making it an ideal destination for families and older generations. Sherburn has easy access to the motorway network (A1/M1/M62), as well as close proximity to local railway stations including South Milford and Church Fenton.
Our Sherburn branch serves areas including Barkston Ash, Burton Salmon, Church Fenton, Hillam, Monk Fryston, Saxton, Selby and South Milford.
Schools / further education
- Sherburn High School
- Selby College
- Selby High School
- Tadcaster Grammar School
- Brayton High School
- Garforth Academy
Pubs / Restaurants
- Monk Fryston Hall, Monk Fryston – ideal for a light lunch, afternoon tea or a romantic dinner.
- The Queen o’ t’ owd Thatch, South Milford – a modern dining pub serving British cuisine prepared using locally sourced produce.
- China Palace, South Milford – restaurant serving Chinese cuisine.
- The Rockingham Arms, Towton – family-run pub offering classic dishes using local ingredients.
- Saffron, Sherburn in Elmet – authentic Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine available to eat in or take away.
- The Crooked Billet, Saxton – serves breakfast in the morning and traditional pub grub in the evening – it is also the home of the giant Yorkshire pudding.
- The Castle Inn, Cawood – a pub serving traditional meals, light bites or buffets for parties. Features a touring caravan park.
- Plus, there are lots of local pubs in and near the village serving food, as well as several takeaways.
- Leisure – Brayton Barff (an ancient woodland), Skipwith Common (a nature reserve comprising 500
acres of lowland heath, with three waymarked trails), Stillingfeet Lodge
Gardens (quintessentially English garden all managed to be as wildlife
friendly as possible).
- History – Selby Abbey (1,000 year old abbey with iconic architecture, sacred space and a vibrant worshiping community), Towton Battlefield (historic location with places to walk), Lotherton Hall (country estate comprising a country house, Edwardian gardens, woodland walks and a bird garden).
- Sporting – Fitness Motion (gym, fitness classes and personal trainers), Everyman Racing (bespoke driving experiences, cars include Formula 1 Grand Prix,
Ferrari, McLaren and more), Sherburn Aero Club (an airfield and flying club
where you can learn to fly or admire the skills of a pilot), many local sports clubs and activities.
- Shopping – Sherburn Centre (local, family-run businesses including bakers, butchers, DIY stores and more), York Centre (hop on the train and enjoy York’s
history, shops, bars and restaurants), Designer Outlet (indoor shopping centre on
the outskirts of York), Leeds centre (catch a train to take advantage of the
wide range of shops, bars and restaurants), Xscape (leisure complex near
Castleford with shops, bars, restaurants, cinemas, a snow slope and a bowling