*** Three bedroom semi-detached house - a perfect starter home! Fully refurbished and ready to move into ***
An ideal starter home, this three bedroom semi-detached house is situated in the popular village of Sherburn in Elmet. Having been fully modernised and refurbished throughout the house now offers bright and spacious accommodation including new windows and doors, a lovely dining/kitchen, modern bathroom and security alarm.
The accommodation briefly comprises; entrance vestibule, living room and dining/kitchen with French windows on the ground floor, whilst upstairs there are three bedrooms and a white family bathroom. Outside there is parking aplenty and extensive gardens to the front and side of the property with a large block-paved driveway providing ample off-road parking - ideal for a motor home, caravan or larger vehicles.
This property is placed well for good commuter access to Leeds and York, and is handy for access to all the local amenities within the village.
*** Call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to arrange your viewing ***
Entry is through a composite entrance door and the lobby is fitted with wood grain effect laminate flooring.
Kitchen/Diner 5.11m x 3.00m
A lovely bright family space. The kitchen is fitted with white gloss wall and base units with butcher block-style work surfaces over which incorporate a stainless steel sink with side drainer and mixer tap. There is an electric hob over a built-under electric oven with a stainless steel chimney style extractor hood over. Space and plumbing for a washer and dishwasher and extra space for a tall fridge/freezer. The room provides ample space for a family dining table and chairs, there are two double-glazed windows overlooking the side and rear elevations and French doors open to the rear garden.
Living Room 4.19m x 3.96m
The living room has a double-glazed window overlooking the front garden and has a focal point fire surround which incorporates an electric heater in the style of a log burner. There is wood grain effect laminate flooring throughout which continues into the dining/kitchen.
Access to all first floor rooms plus a double-glazed window placed to the side elevation.
Bedroom 1 3.80m x 2.92m
L-shaped - A double bedroom with double-glazed window overlooking the rear garden and a central heating radiator.
Bedroom 2 2.96m x 2.77m
Another double bedroom with double-glazed window overlooking the front garden and a central heating radiator.
Bedroom 3 2.74m x 2.31m
L-shaped - A single bedroom with double-glazed window overlooking the front garden and a central heating radiator.
Bathroom 2.79m x 1.90m
Replaced as part of the refurbishment programme the bathroom now offers a modern white three piece suite which comprises; panel bath with shower and screen over, a pedestal hand wash basin and a close coupled WC. There is a storage cupboard housing the 'Worcester Bosch' central heating boiler, a double-glazed window placed to the rear elevation, a ladder style central heating radiator and vinyl flooring.
Must be seen to appreciate the size! There is an extensive lawn area with boundary wall and fencing to the front which continues to the side where there is a large block-paved driveway providing ample parking for several vehicles or large camper van or caravan. To the rear is a smaller garden offering a patio seating area.
Sherburn in Elmet
Sherburn in Elmet is a popular village situated between Leeds and York with plenty of local amenities, making it an ideal destination for families and older generations. Sherburn has easy access to the motorway network (A1/M1/M62), as well as close proximity to local railway stations including South Milford and Church Fenton.
Our Sherburn branch serves areas including Barkston Ash, Burton Salmon, Church Fenton, Hillam, Monk Fryston, Saxton, Selby and South Milford.
Schools / further education
- Sherburn High School
- Selby College
- Selby High School
- Tadcaster Grammar School
- Brayton High School
- Garforth Academy
Pubs / Restaurants
- Monk Fryston Hall, Monk Fryston – ideal for a light lunch, afternoon tea or a romantic dinner.
- The Queen o’ t’ owd Thatch, South Milford – a modern dining pub serving British cuisine prepared using locally sourced produce.
- China Palace, South Milford – restaurant serving Chinese cuisine.
- The Rockingham Arms, Towton – family-run pub offering classic dishes using local ingredients.
- Saffron, Sherburn in Elmet – authentic Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine available to eat in or take away.
- The Crooked Billet, Saxton – serves breakfast in the morning and traditional pub grub in the evening – it is also the home of the giant Yorkshire pudding.
- The Castle Inn, Cawood – a pub serving traditional meals, light bites or buffets for parties. Features a touring caravan park.
- Plus, there are lots of local pubs in and near the village serving food, as well as several takeaways.
- Leisure – Brayton Barff (an ancient woodland), Skipwith Common (a nature reserve comprising 500
acres of lowland heath, with three waymarked trails), Stillingfeet Lodge
Gardens (quintessentially English garden all managed to be as wildlife
friendly as possible).
- History – Selby Abbey (1,000 year old abbey with iconic architecture, sacred space and a vibrant worshiping community), Towton Battlefield (historic location with places to walk), Lotherton Hall (country estate comprising a country house, Edwardian gardens, woodland walks and a bird garden).
- Sporting – Fitness Motion (gym, fitness classes and personal trainers), Everyman Racing (bespoke driving experiences, cars include Formula 1 Grand Prix,
Ferrari, McLaren and more), Sherburn Aero Club (an airfield and flying club
where you can learn to fly or admire the skills of a pilot), many local sports clubs and activities.
- Shopping – Sherburn Centre (local, family-run businesses including bakers, butchers, DIY stores and more), York Centre (hop on the train and enjoy York’s
history, shops, bars and restaurants), Designer Outlet (indoor shopping centre on
the outskirts of York), Leeds centre (catch a train to take advantage of the
wide range of shops, bars and restaurants), Xscape (leisure complex near
Castleford with shops, bars, restaurants, cinemas, a snow slope and a bowling