***POPULAR LOCATION. MODERNISATION & SOME REPAIR REQUIRED. DEMAND WILL BE HIGH.***
Guide Price £160, 000. to £170,000.
A lovely family home offering lots of potential set in the heart of ‘Sherburn Village’. Briefly comprising hall, lounge/diner and kitchen to the ground floor level. Three first floor bedrooms with separate WC and bathroom. In need of modernisation throughout and having had some form of leak from the bathroom some repairs also required. PVCu double glazed with gas central heating. Ample parking to drive with single garage for storage at the rear. Gardens to front and rear. Within easy access of York, Selby and Leeds. Demand will be high so call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to arrange your viewing.
PVCu double glazed frosted window and PVCu entrance door, side PVCu double glazed window, radiator, stairs to first floor, doors to kitchen and lounge/diner.
Lounge/Diner 7.54m x 3.43m
PVCu double glazed window to front and to rear aspect, two single panel central heating radiators, coving to ceiling, fireplace.
Kitchen 2.92m x 2.39m
A range of wall and base units, complementary worksurfaces and splashback tiling, space for cooker, washing machine and fridge freezer, PVCu double glazed window to rear aspect, side entrance door, cupboard under stairs, repair required to ceiling from leak in bathroom.
PVCu double glazed window to side aspect, doors to all rooms, loft hatch.
PVCu double glazed frosted window, Low flush WC.
Bedroom 3.63m x 2.56m
PVCu double glazed window to front aspect, wardrobes to one wall, radiator.
Bedroom 3.78m x 3.05m
PVCu double glazed window to rear aspect, radiator, laminate flooring.
Bedroom 2.41m x 2.06m
PVCu double glazed window to front aspect, radiator.
Half tiled walls, straight panelled bath with shower mixer tap over and pedestal wash hand basin, radiator, cupboard housing boiler, PVCu double glazed frosted window.
To the front is a large lawned garden with drive to side providing ample parking, this continues to the rear single garage with a low maintenance rear garden which is mainly flagged.
Sherburn in Elmet
Sherburn in Elmet is a popular village situated between Leeds and York with plenty of local amenities, making it an ideal destination for families and older generations. Sherburn has easy access to the motorway network (A1/M1/M62), as well as close proximity to local railway stations including South Milford and Church Fenton.
Our Sherburn branch serves areas including Barkston Ash, Burton Salmon, Church Fenton, Hillam, Monk Fryston, Saxton, Selby and South Milford.
Schools / further education
- Sherburn High School
- Selby College
- Selby High School
- Tadcaster Grammar School
- Brayton High School
- Garforth Academy
Pubs / Restaurants
- Monk Fryston Hall, Monk Fryston – ideal for a light lunch, afternoon tea or a romantic dinner.
- The Queen o’ t’ owd Thatch, South Milford – a modern dining pub serving British cuisine prepared using locally sourced produce.
- China Palace, South Milford – restaurant serving Chinese cuisine.
- The Rockingham Arms, Towton – family-run pub offering classic dishes using local ingredients.
- Saffron, Sherburn in Elmet – authentic Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine available to eat in or take away.
- The Crooked Billet, Saxton – serves breakfast in the morning and traditional pub grub in the evening – it is also the home of the giant Yorkshire pudding.
- The Castle Inn, Cawood – a pub serving traditional meals, light bites or buffets for parties. Features a touring caravan park.
- Plus, there are lots of local pubs in and near the village serving food, as well as several takeaways.
- Leisure – Brayton Barff (an ancient woodland), Skipwith Common (a nature reserve comprising 500
acres of lowland heath, with three waymarked trails), Stillingfeet Lodge
Gardens (quintessentially English garden all managed to be as wildlife
friendly as possible).
- History – Selby Abbey (1,000 year old abbey with iconic architecture, sacred space and a vibrant worshiping community), Towton Battlefield (historic location with places to walk), Lotherton Hall (country estate comprising a country house, Edwardian gardens, woodland walks and a bird garden).
- Sporting – Fitness Motion (gym, fitness classes and personal trainers), Everyman Racing (bespoke driving experiences, cars include Formula 1 Grand Prix,
Ferrari, McLaren and more), Sherburn Aero Club (an airfield and flying club
where you can learn to fly or admire the skills of a pilot), many local sports clubs and activities.
- Shopping – Sherburn Centre (local, family-run businesses including bakers, butchers, DIY stores and more), York Centre (hop on the train and enjoy York’s
history, shops, bars and restaurants), Designer Outlet (indoor shopping centre on
the outskirts of York), Leeds centre (catch a train to take advantage of the
wide range of shops, bars and restaurants), Xscape (leisure complex near
Castleford with shops, bars, restaurants, cinemas, a snow slope and a bowling