***JANUARY SALE!!! *** PRICE WAS £220,000! PRICE NOW £205,0000! SAVING £15,000! THIS MONTH ONLY! CALL NOW TO BOOK A VIEWING. ***
*** FOUR BEDROOM MID-TERRACE * NO CHAIN! * IN NEED OF FULL REFURBISHMENT AND UPDATING * GOOD SIZE GARDEN & GARAGE ***
Are you looking for a spacious, family home, a real project to get your teeth into? Then this is the property for you! Situated on Wakefield Road, which is one of the main roads into Garforth, the property is situated within easy access of the Main Street, together with link roads and a train station. The property offers lovely views to the front, over farmland and fields. This FOUR BEDROOM MID-TERRACED FAMILY HOME, has accommodation over four floors and lots of potential to the right buyer. This home desperately needs a new owner to bring it back to its glory and be updated and modernised through out. A real blank canvas for the right buyer to make their mark, and potential to create further accommodation too!
This large home has some double-glazed windows, not to mention a good size rear garden which has a garage too. The accommodation briefly comprises: Entrance hallway, lounge with a large window seat within the feature bay window, and a good size dining/kitchen with a built-in bookcase and storage. To the first floor, there are two double bedrooms - the master with views overlooking the farmland to the front and also benefits from built-in storage, plus the family bathroom with a coloured suite and a single bedroom with built-in single bed base. Stairs then lead up into the attic - which offers a good sized bedroom with a skylight and access to further storage space -with potential to create further accommodation if needed (subject to planning permission and building regulations). There is a useful basement, with a sink unit, access to a further storeroom and a rear lobby which has access to the rear garden.
There is a garden area to the front, with a path to the front door. To the rear, there is a large mainl
Double-glazed window to the front, coving to the ceiling, stairs to the first floor landing and stairs to the basement.
Lounge 4.29m x 3.78m
Log effect gas fire with a wood mantel over, coving to ceiling.Double-glazed bay window to front with window seat,
Kitchen/Dining Room 4.39m max x 5.26m to chinmey breast
Stainless steel sink unit, integrated electric hob, wood fire surround, built-in cupboard with bookcase above, coving to the ceiling and two windows to the rear.
Stairs down from the landing and a door to the rear garden.
Window to the rear, sink unit and a door to a further storeroom.
Stairs to the attic room and door to:
Master Bedroom 3.63m x 3.56m min
Three built-in wardrobes/storage cupboards, coving to the ceiling and a double-glazed window to the front.
Bedroom 2 4.37m x 3.43m max
Double-glazed window to the rear.
Three piece coloured suite comprising; panelled bath, pedestal wash hand basin and low-level WC, tiled splashbacks, and window to the rear.
Bedroom 4 1.88m x 1.60m
Built-in single bed base and double-glazed window to the front.
Bedroom 3 2.79m max x 4.75m plus door recess
Skylight and door to a further storage area.
There is a garden area to the front, with a gravelled area and path with steps leading to the front door. To the rear, there is a good size mainly paved garden, with a storage unit. In addition, there is a detached garage with an up-and-over door to the front and rear.
From the Garforth office, proceed to along Main Street to the traffic lights, turning left onto Wakefield Road. Where number 59 can be found on the left hand side indicated by the Emsleys For Sale board.
Situated in east Leeds, Garforth is popular amongst families due to its good schools and busy Main Street. It has excellent motorway accessibility (A1/M1/M62) and two local train stations. Garforth is surrounded by villages such as Barwick in Elmet and Sherburn in Elmet.
Our Garforth branch serves areas including Aberford, Allerton Bywater, Kippax, Ledston, Micklefield and Swillington.
- Brigshaw High School & Language College
- Castleford Academy
- Garforth Academy
- John Smeaton Academy
- Temple Moor High School Science College
Pubs / Restaurants
- La Bella Vita, Garforth – a mix of traditional and contemporary Italian cuisine made from local produce.
- Aagrah, Garforth – an award-winning restaurant offering authentic Asian food.
- Miller & Carter, Garforth – a steakhouse serving beef sourced from sustainable farms.
- Cielo Café, Garforth – a social enterprise that aims to make money to put back into the community. The café offers beverages and snacks, including roasted speciality coffees.
- Pride & Produce, Garforth – deli offering local, farm-sourced meat, cheese, artisan bread and sweet treats to eat in or take away.
- Grand Indian Lounge, Swillington – restaurant serving traditional Indian food with a contemporary twist.
- Pizza Picante, Barwick in Elmet – takeaway offering handcrafted pizzas made using a secret recipe.
- Leisure – Temple Newsam (historic house and grounds located in east Leeds), Lotherton Hall (Edwardian House and country estate set in scenic parkland and woodland,
plus a bird garden and exhibition halls), Fairburn Ings (trails to take you
through a variety of ponds, lakes, woodlands and parklands showcasing a number
of bird habitats).
- Sporting – Garforth Leisure Centre (bodyline gym, squash courts and sports hall), Garforth Golf Club (18-hole golf course and driving range), SnoZone (indoor real snow slope at Xscape, Castleford).
- Shopping – Garforth Main Street (home to a number of local businesses and retailers,
including butchers, grocers, bakers and cafes), Junction 32 (retail outlet
based in Castleford), White Rose Shopping Centre (indoor mall with shops and
restaurants near the M621 motorway).
- Entertainment – Xscape (leisure complex near Castleford with shops, bars, restaurants, cinema, a snow slope and a bowling alley).