Under the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire)(Safety) Regulations 1988 (as amended in 1989 and 1993), Landlords must be able to demonstrate that furnishings included in the property are fire resistant.
- Beds, headboards of beds and mattresses;
- Sofa-beds, futons and other convertibles;
- Nursery furniture;
- Garden furniture which is suitable for use in the dwelling;
- Scatter cushions and seat pads;
- Loose and stretch covers for furniture.
- Furniture made before 1950;
- Bedclothes including duvets;
- Loose covers for mattresses;
- Pillow cases;
- Sleeping bags.