Back to FAQ
Under the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire)(Safety) Regulations 1988 (as amended in 1989 and 1993), Landlords must be able to demonstrate that furnishings included in the property are fire resistant.
- Beds, headboards of beds and mattresses;
- Sofa-beds, futons and other convertibles;
- Nursery furniture;
- Garden furniture which is suitable for use in the dwelling;
- Scatter cushions and seat pads;
- Loose and stretch covers for furniture.
- Furniture made before 1950;
- Bedclothes including duvets;
- Loose covers for mattresses;
- Pillow cases;
- Sleeping bags.