As the UK enters a new national lockdown to tackle the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Emsleys is continuing protect the health, safety and wellbeing of our clients and our team.
Our branches are open by appointment only and we are continuing to work remotely during this difficult time. We're asking clients to wear masks in our offices and during viewings and valuations. We're offering 'contactless' options for home movers, including video valuations and viewings.
We are following government recommendations and continually reviewing our strategy. The following precautions have been put in place to reduce the risk of spreading the virus and ensure our business continues to provide excellent client care and service:
- Advising any team member with a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss of smell to stay at home. All team members working from the office have been asked to complete a COVID-19 risk assessment.
- Promoting good hygiene throughout all offices with the provision of alcohol-based hand sanitiser and hand soap. We've implemented thorough and regular cleaning of surfaces and door handles using antibacterial wipes.
- Encouraging social distancing in our offices, including maintaining a two metre distance. We are arranging telephone calls or, if possible, video meetings.
- Implementing our Business Continuity Plan with ‘remote working’ for vulnerable or self isolating team members, enabling us to continue to provide excellent client service during lockdown.
- Undertaking risk assessments before any property valuation or viewing can take place.
- Maintaining our online enquiry systems (including Live Chat) and social media to minimise disruption to our services (including property marketing).
We are compliant with the government's guidance on managing the risks associated with COVID-19 and working safely during the pandemic.