- Highly regarded area
- Edwardian semi-detached
- Two reception rooms
- Large kitchen
- Six bedrooms
- Two bathrooms + Guest w.c
- Enclosed rear garden
- Off-road parking & garage
- EPC Rating E
- Council Tax Band D
***RARE TO THE MARKET * EDWARDIAN SEMI-DETACHED HOUSE * SIX BEDROOMS IN A POPULAR LOCATION*** This is a must view! Only by inspection can you truly appreciate the size and standard of this wonderful example of an Edwardian semi-detached home. Stretching over three floors, this would suit a large or multi-generational family, offering six bedrooms, two full bathrooms and two receptions rooms! Flexibility in spades and the potential to create extra accommodation in the basement! The accommodation briefly comprises;- entrance hall, living room, dining room, fitted kitchen and guest WC to the ground floor with a basement offering two large chambers to the lower ground floor. On the first floor there are four bedrooms (one with an en-suite shower area) and a house bathroom. To the second floor is a further sitting area, two more large double bedrooms and a further family sized bathroom. Outside there is ample off-road parking, garage and gardens to the front and rear. The location is unsurpassed for convenience to local shops, banks and facilities within the Crossgates shopping centre and further afield at The Springs and Colton retail parks. The area has excellent public transport links with local bus routes and Crossgates railway station within walking distance giving easy access to Leeds city centre. Also ideal for commuters with easy access to the M1 North motorway network and main arterial roads such as the A64, A6120 Ring Road and A63. Viewing is essential to appreciate the standard and size of the accommodation on offer. *** Call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to arrange your viewing.***
Lower ground floor
The basement has two main chambers, the larger chamber being 14'2 x 10'2 with a window providing natural daylight. There is potential here to create an additional living space or a home office/gym or play room. An additional chamber and a stairwell can be used for storage and houses the utility meters.
Enter through a timber exterior door with hardwood original stained glass panel to the side, central heating radiator, stained wood panellling, ceiling cornice and staircase with a spindle balustrade rising to the first floor accommodation.
Living Room (5.70m x 4.34m)
A larger than average main reception room having a feature fire surround which incorporates a coal effect, living flame gas fire with marble hearth and back. A large front facing box bay window with original stained glass leaded lights fills the room with an abundance of natural light and the high ceilings have a cornice and picture rails. Central heating radiator and wall light points.
Dining Room (4.50m x 3.58m)
Another spacious reception room having a central heating radiator, cornice, picture and dado rails and rear facing sliding patio doors leading to the rear garden.
Kitchen (5.41m x 2.56m)
A large kitchen fitted with a range of white shaker style wall and base units with extensive wood grain effect work surfaces incorporating a one and a half bowl sink, drainer and mixer tap. Integral cooking appliances include a built under electric oven with stainless steel gas hob and chimney style extractor hood over, fridge and freezer. Space and plumbing for an automatic washing machine. Central heating radiator, quarry tiled floor, hardwood exterior door giving access to the driveway plus side and rear facing PVCu double-glazed windows.
Fitted with a white low flush WC and wall mounted hand wash basin. A door opens to the stairs leading down to the basement.
Landing (2.00m x 4.60m)
Access to all first floor rooms, spindle balustrade and a staircase rising to the second floor.
Bedroom 1 (4.79m x 3.98m)
A generous master bedroom having a central heating radiator, ceiling cornice and picture rail, a large front facing PVCu double-glazed window with feature stained glass panels plus an original painted cast-iron fireplace with tiled insert. In addition, the current owners have created a 'wet area' which offers a tiled floor with a fully tiled walk-in quadrant shower enclosure with an electric shower and a hand wash basin with vanity storage.
Bedroom 2 (4.47m x 3.56m)
Another large double bedroom with a central heating radiator, an original painted cast-iron fireplace with a tiled insert, ceiling cornice and picture rail and a PVCu double-glazed window overlooking the rear garden.
Bedroom 3 (2.80m x 2.54m)
The third double bedroom has a central heating radiator, ceiling cornice and a side facing PVCu double-glazed window.
Bedroom 4 (2.62m x 2.18m)
A good sized single room placed to the front and currently used as an office with a central heating radiator and PVCu double-glazed window with stained glass top panels.
Fitted with a white three piece suite which comprises;- pedestal wash basin, close coupled WC and panelled bath with 'rainfall' shower and screen over. Modern ceramic tiled walls and floor, a chrome heated towel rail, recessed spotlights, a PVCu double-glazed window placed to the side and an extractor fan.
Landing/Sitting area (3.82m x 6.30m)
An impressive space that can be used for so much more than just a landing. Having a central heating radiator, wood grain effect laminate flooring, two 'Velux' windows, eaves storage space and spotlights to the ceiling.
Bedroom 5 (4.56m x 2.97m)
A large double bedroom having a central heating radiator, laminate floor and rear facing PVCu double-glazed dormer window.
Bedroom 6 (4.47m x 2.87m)
Further double bedroom having a central heating radiator, laminate floor and a PVCu double-glazed dormer window.
Fully tiled in mosaic style ceramics and fitted with a white three piece suite which comprises; a panelled bath, pedestal hand wash basin and close coupled WC. Central heating radiator, tiled floor, inset spotlights and extractor fan to the ceiling and a PVCu double-glazed window placed on the side elevation.
To the front of the property is a driveway with two sets of double wrought-iron gates providing ample off-street parking. There is a small lawn and flower beds with boundary wall. The driveway leads to a detached sectional garage with power providing further parking or additional storage space. The rear garden is low maintenance and offers paved seating areas with feature pond and your own palm tree!
From the Crossgates office, proceed along Austhorpe Road and turn left on to Church Lane. Take the first turning on the right onto Manston Gardens, where the property can be found on the left hand side indicated by the Emsleys For Sale board.
Crossgates is a bustling community with a busy high street, including Crossgates Shopping Centre.
Residents are a mixture of all age groups, with many having lived in the area for a long time. Positioned on an excellent bus route, with its own train station on the Leeds/York route, Crossgates has easy access to the M62/M1/A1, Leeds city centre, north Leeds and the A64 for York.
Our Crossgates branch serves areas including Barwick in Elmet, Colton, Halton, Seacroft, Scholes, Temple Newsam, Thorner and Whitkirk.
- Corpus Christi Catholic College
- Bishop Young Academy
- John Smeaton Academy
- Leeds East Academy
- Temple Moor High School
Pubs & Restaurants
- La Cantina 44, Crossgates - a family-run restaurant serving Mediterranean cuisine.
- Jinnah, Crossgates - an extensive menu offering Indian and Asian cuisine.
- Sorrento, Crossgates - an Italian restaurant that has been serving food for over 15 years.
- The Black Olive, Crossgates - family-run Turkish and Mediterranean restaurant serving lunch and dinner menus.
- The Charles Henry Roe, Crossgates - Wetherspoon pub serving an extensive food menu and drinks.
- The Skyliner, Austhorpe - one of the oldest and most well-known fish shops in Leeds, The Skyliner has been around for over 50 years.
- The Brown Cow, Whitkirk - authentic British cooking and real ales in a genuine local pub.
- Thorpe Park Hotel, Thorpe Park - a seasonal menu prepared with local Yorkshire produce.
- Franco's, Thorpe Park - a family-run business serving Italian food.
- Leisure - Temple Newsam (Tudor mansion set in 1,500 acres of scenic parkland/woodland, plus a Rare Breeds Farm), Roundhay Park (over 700 acres of parkland, woodland and lakes, plus scented gardens for the blind and butterfly gardens known as Tropical World), Crossgates Library (situated on local bus routes, opposite Crossgates Shopping Centre), Thorpe Park Spa (facilities include a swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna and steam room).
- Sporting - John Smeaton Leisure Centre (bodyline gym, swimming pool and sports pitches), PowerLeague (5-a-side football pitches), Scarcroft Golf Club (golf course set in parkland and countryside).
- Shopping - Crossgates Shopping Centre (local businesses including award-winning butchers, grocers and bakers), Seacroft Green Shopping Centre (stores include Tesco Extra, JD Sports and Poundland), Colton Retail Park (stores include Sainsbury's, B&M Home Store and Garden Centre, and Pets at Home) and The Springs, Thorpe Park (cinema, shops and restaurants, including TK Maxx, Next, Boots, M&S Food Hall and Nando's).