- Three/four bedroom detached property
- NO CHAIN!
- Lounge, open-plan dining room & conservatory
- Useful utility room plus specially adapted wet room
- Ground floor study/bedroom four
- Driveway parking , garage & store room
- In need of modernisation
- Council Tax Band D
- EPC Rating C
*** NO CHAIN! * THREE/FOUR BEDROOM DETACHED PROPERTY * OPEN-PLAN DINING ROOM * CONSERVATORY * GROUND FLOOR STUDY/BEDROOM FOUR * WET ROOM PLUS FAMILY BATHROOM * IN NEED OF MODERNISATION * GOOD SIZED ACCOMMODATION * DRIVEWAY PARKING *** For sale by Modern Method of Auction; Starting Bid Price £180,000 plus Reservation Fee. (Please see agents notes for further information). Fantastic opportunity to purchase this one of a kind THREE/FOUR BEDROOM DETACHED PROPERTY, which is located on the outskirts of Castleford and handy for access into Xscape, Junction 32 outlet and motorway connections. Offered for sale with NO CHAIN! This property offers spacious accommodation, versatile space for a wide range of buyers and benefits from double-glazing, central heating and ample off-road parking for a number of cars. This stone-clad property was built by the owner, and is very much a blank canvas for a buyer to make their own mark on the property. The property has had adaptions made for a disable person, with an adapted wet room with a specialised WC, although this can easily be removed should it be required. The light and airy accommodation briefly comprises: Entrance hallway, lounge with an archway to the dining room, conservatory, fitted kitchen, useful utility room, adapted wet room with a shower area, study/bedroom four and W.C. To the first floor, there are three double bedrooms and a further family bathroom with a four piece suite. There are low maintenance gardens to the front and rear, being gravelled and paved. In addition to the property, there is a garage and a store room, with driveway parking to the side for a number of cars. * Call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to arrange your viewing. *
Radiator, wood effect laminate flooring, built-in under stairs storage cupboard and stairs to the first floor landing.
Lounge (3.56m x 3.56m)
Double-glazed window to the front, radiator, wood effect laminate flooring and an archway to:
Dining Area (2.74m x 3.58m)
Radiator, wood effect laminate flooring and a double-glazed door to:
Conservatory (2.87m x 2.87m)
PVCu double-glazed construction with double-glazed windows and poly-carbonate roof and a door to the rear garden.
Kitchen (2.74m x 2.77m)
Fitted with a range of base and eye level units with worktop space over with drawers, a stainless steel sink unit with single drainer and mixer tap, tiled splashbacks, built-in electric oven, built-in electric hob, pull-out extractor hood and a double-glazed window to the rear.
Utility Room (1.98m x 2.82m)
Stainless steel sink unit with a single drainer and mixer tap, plumbing for an automatic washing machine, space for a fridge/freezer and tumble dryer, double-glazed window to the rear, radiator, wall mounted gas boiler and a door to the rear garden.
Study/ Bedroom Four (2.41m x 2.69m)
Double-glazed window to the side, double-glazed window to the front, radiator and wood effect laminate flooring.
Specially adapted suite with a shower area with electric shower over, pedestal wash hand basin, and adapted W.C with a high seat. Extractor fan, tiled surround, double-glazed window to the side, radiator and non-slip flooring.
Double-glazed window to the front, low-level WC, tiled splashback, radiator and wood effect laminate flooring.
Doors to :
Bedroom (4.17m max x 3.84m max)
13'8" max (11'8" min) x 12'7" max
Double-glazed dormer window to the front and a door to storage in the eaves.
Fitted with a coloured four piece suite comprising; panelled bath, pedestal wash hand basin, bidet and a low-level WC. Tiled surround, double-glazed window to the rear and a radiator.
Bedroom (2.67m x 3.56m)
Double-glazed dormer window to the rear and a radiator.
Bedroom (2.79m max x 3.58m)
Double-glazed dormer window to the front, radiator and a door to eaves storage space.
Good sized plot, with a low maintenance gravelled garden to the front with a small retaining wall. Driveway to the side, offering off-road parking for a number of cars. To the rear, there is a paved patio seating area. In addition to the property, there is a single detached garage with door a and a separate store room - please note both garage and store room roofs have collapsed and need to be replaced.
This property is for sale by the Modern Method of Auction. Should you view, offer or bid on the property, your information will be shared with the Auctioneer, iamsold Limited.
This method of auction requires both parties to complete the transaction within 56 days of the draft contract for sale being received by the buyers solicitor. This additional time allows buyers to proceed with mortgage finance (subject to lending criteria, affordability and survey).
The buyer is required to sign a reservation agreement and make payment of a non-refundable Reservation Fee. This being 4.5% of the purchase price including VAT, subject to a minimum of £6,600.00 including VAT.
Timescale will be subject to probate being received.
The Reservation Fee is paid in addition to purchase price and will be considered as part of the chargeable consideration for the property in the calculation for stamp duty liability. Buyers will be required to go through an identification verification process with iamsold and provide proof of how the purchase would be funded. This property has a Buyer Information Pack which is a collection of documents in relation to the property. The documents may not tell you everything you need to know about the property, so you are required to complete your own due diligence before bidding. A sample copy of the Reservation Agreement and terms and conditions are also contained within this pack. The buyer will also make payment of £300 including VAT towards the preparation cost of the pack, where it has been provided by iamsold.
The property is subject to an undisclosed Reserve Price with both the Reserve Price and Starting Bid being subject to change.
Situated in east Leeds, Garforth is popular amongst families due to its good schools and busy Main Street.
It has excellent motorway accessibility (A1/M1/M62) and two local train stations. Garforth is surrounded by villages such as Barwick in Elmet and Sherburn in Elmet.
Our Garforth branch serves areas including Aberford, Allerton Bywater, Great Preston, Kippax, Ledston, Micklefield and Swillington.
- Brigshaw High School
- Castleford Academy
- Garforth Academy
- John Smeaton Academy
- Temple Moor High School
Pubs / Restaurants
- La Bella Vita, Garforth - a mix of traditional and contemporary Italian cuisine made from local produce.
- Aagrah, Garforth - an award-winning restaurant offering authentic Asian food.
- Miller & Carter, Garforth - a steakhouse serving beef sourced from sustainable farms.
- CLO Coffee, Garforth - Leeds-based coffee house and roaster centred around a passion for community.
- 450°, Garforth - family-friendly wood-fired pizza restaurant, featuring an open kitchen.
- The Station House Café and Bistro, Garforth - serving authentic southern Italian cuisine based on family recipes.
- Jigger & Jar, Garforth - cocktail and wine bar serving a selection of drinks, coffees, cheese and charcuterie boards, plus Brown & Blonde brownies.
- The Assembly, Garforth - independent bar and bottle shop established by a husband and wife team. Serves craft beer, cocktails and wine, alongside charcuterie, bar snacks and coffee.
- The Fly Line, Garforth - local pub serving a daily carvery, classic pub menu and drinks.
- The Briggate, Garforth - Wetherspoons pub serving drinks and a food menu.
- Grand Indian Lounge, Swillington - restaurant serving traditional Indian food with a contemporary twist.
- Pizza Picante, Barwick in Elmet - takeaway offering handcrafted pizzas made using a secret recipe.
- Leisure - Temple Newsam (historic house and grounds located in east Leeds), Lotherton Hall (Edwardian House and country estate set in scenic parkland and woodland, plus a bird garden and exhibition halls), Fairburn Ings (trails to take you through a variety of ponds, lakes, woodlands and parklands showcasing a number of bird habitats).
- Sporting - Garforth Leisure Centre (bodyline gym, squash courts and sports hall), Garforth Golf Club (18-hole golf course and driving range), SnoZone (indoor real snow slope at Xscape, Castleford), Clip 'n Climb (indoor climbing centre for families).
- Shopping - Garforth Main Street (home to a number of local businesses and retailers,
including butchers, grocers, bakers and cafes), Junction 32 (retail outlet based in Castleford), White Rose Shopping Centre (indoor mall with shops and restaurants near the M621 motorway).
- Entertainment - Xscape (leisure complex near Castleford with shops, bars, restaurants, cinema, a snow slope and a bowling alley).