- IDEAL STARTER HOME
- 40% SHARED OWNERSHIP
- CLOSE TO AMENITIES
- PARKING & GARDEN
- TWO DOUBLE BEDROOMS
- 100% PURCHASE AVAILABLE
- PVCu DOUBLE-GLAZED
- EPC Rating B
- Council Tax Band B
*** OPTION TO PURCHASE 100% * SOUGHT AFTER LOCATION * CLOSE TO AMENITIES.*** A sought after property set in the heart of Sherburn. Briefly comprising; hall, open-plan to the kitchen, a WC and a large living room to the ground floor level. Two double bedrooms and a bathroom to the first floor. Having a front with a tarmacadam drive for one car and an enclosed rear garden which has a patio. PVCu double-glazed and gas central heated. Easy access to amenities and motorway links. Call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to arrange your viewing.
Composite double-glazed entrance door, radiator, stairs to the first floor landing with a cupboard underneath, open recess to the kitchen and doors to the WC and lounge.
Push flush WC, half pedestal wash hand basin, radiator and an extractor fan.
Kitchen (2.69m x 2.49m)
Having a range of wall and base units, co-ordinating work surfaces and matching upstand. Inset sink and drainer, integrated oven, hob and extractor over with a stainless steel splashback. PVCu double-glazed window to the front aspect, plumbing for a washing machine with space for a fridge/freezer.
Lounge (4.27m x 4.57m)
Radiator, PVCu double-glazed window to the rear aspect and a double-glazed composite door to the rear garden.
Store cupboard, radiator, loft hatch and doors to rooms.
Bedroom (4.70m x 2.57m)
Two PVCu double-glazed windows to the rear aspect and a radiator.
Bedroom (3.40m x 4.60m)
PVCu double-glazed window to the front aspect with a radiator beneath.
Comprising; a straight panelled bath with screen and shower over, push flush WC and a half pedestal wash hand basin. PVCu double-glazed frosted window, extractor fan, chrome central heated towel warmer and a cupboard.
To the front is a tarmacadam drive with space for one car. The rear garden is enclosed with a flagged patio and lawn.
The property is leasehold and has a 125 year lease expiring in 2145. There is a service charge of £46.59 per month and a rent for the shared ownership of £296.97 per month which is reviewed annually. There is an option to buy the property 100% and have freehold which would be £200,000 for the full purchase price.
Sherburn in Elmet is a popular small town situated between Leeds and York.
Having plenty of local amenities, making it an ideal destination for families and older generations. Sherburn has easy access to the motorway network (A1/M1/M62), as well as close proximity to local railway stations including South Milford and Church Fenton.
Our Sherburn branch serves areas including Barkston Ash, Burton Salmon, Church Fenton, Hillam, Monk Fryston, Saxton, Selby and South Milford.
- Sherburn High School
- Selby High School
- Selby College
- Tadcaster Grammar School
- Brayton Academy
- Garforth Academy
- Sherburn Hungate Primary School
- Athelstan Primary School
- South Milford Primary School
- Barkston Ash Catholic Primary School
Pubs & Restaurants
- Cumin Lounge, South Milford - Indian restaurant serving authentic dishes using traditional herbs and spices.
- The Rockingham Arms, Towton - family-run pub offering classic dishes using local ingredients.
- Elmet Kitchen, Sherburn in Elmet - freshly prepared authentic Bengal cuisine, using locally sourced produce.
- Saffron, Sherburn in Elmet - authentic Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine available to eat in or take away.
- The Crooked Billet, Saxton - serves breakfast in the morning and traditional pub grub in the evening - it is also the home of the giant Yorkshire pudding.
- The Castle Inn, Cawood - a pub serving traditional meals, light bites or buffets for parties. Features a touring caravan park.
- Sherburn Community Trust - offers library, tea room and village support network
- Fields Garden Centre and Kitchen
- The Motorist Garage & Workshop and The Arnage Restaurant
- Plus, there are lots of local pubs in and near the village serving food, as well as several takeaways.
- Leisure – Brayton Barff (an ancient woodland), Skipwith Common (a nature reserve comprising 500 acres of lowland heath, with three waymarked trails), Stillingfeet Lodge Gardens (quintessentially English garden all managed to be as wildlife friendly as possible).
- History – Selby Abbey (1,000 year old abbey with iconic architecture, sacred space and a vibrant worshipping community), Towton Battlefield (historic location with places to walk), Lotherton Hall (country estate comprising a country house, Edwardian gardens, woodland walks and a bird garden).
- Sporting – Fitness Motion (gym, fitness classes and personal trainers), Everyman Racing (bespoke driving experiences, cars include Formula 1 Grand Prix, Ferrari, McLaren and more), Sherburn Aero Club (an airfield and flying club where you can learn to fly or admire the skills of a pilot), many local sports clubs and activities.
- Shopping – Sherburn centre (local, family-run businesses including bakers, butchers, DIY stores and more), York centre (hop on the train and enjoy York’s history, shops, bars and restaurants), Designer Outlet (indoor shopping centre on the outskirts of York), Leeds centre (catch a train to take advantage of the wide range of shops, bars and restaurants), Xscape (leisure complex near Castleford with shops, bars, restaurants, cinemas, a snow slope and a bowling alley).
Market your property
with Emsleys Estate Agents
Book a market appraisal for your property today. Our virtual options are still available if you prefer.