- Strictly by appointment
- Unique opportunity
- Victorian end terrace
- In need of full renovation
- Corner plot
- Two reception rooms
- Five bedrooms
- Ample space for garage and parking
- Council tax band C
- EPC rating F
*** A VERY RARE OPPORTUNITY HAS ARISEN TO ACQUIRE THIS FIVE BEDROOM END VICTORIAN TERRACE *** This property is a must see to appreciate the potential of a such a project. Ideally suited to investors, cash buyers or builders alike looking for their next project. This property is steeped in history but is in need of a full 'back to brick' renovation to include windows, rewiring, heating etc. Situated on an imposing corner plot with large gardens, the house which was built in the late 19th century, offers well proportioned rooms on three floors. There are five existing bedrooms on the upper two floors with two store rooms offering potential to convert to en-suite facilities or further bedrooms if needed. On the ground floor are two good sized reception rooms and the kitchen. Externally there is ample garden to the side along with a driveway providing ample off-road parking and space to create a new garage. The location is unsurpassed for convenience to local shops, banks and facilities within the Crossgates shopping centre and further afield at The Springs and Colton retail parks. The area has excellent public transport links with local bus routes and Crossgates railway station within walking distance giving easy access to Leeds city centre. Also ideal for commuters with easy access to the M1 North motorway network and main arterial roads such as the A64, A6120 Ring Road and A63. *** Call now 24 hours a day 7 days a week to book your place ***
Lower Ground Floor
Cellar (4.01m x 3.07m)
The former coal cellar providing useful storage space.
A hardwood entry door and a staircase rising to the first floor.
Living Room (4.67m x 4.14m)
An original framed bay window to the front, a window to the side, fireplace with a stone hearth and open fire, two central heating radiators and the original deep coving and picture rails to the ceiling.
Sitting Room (4.98m x 4.24m)
A second large sitting room with the original framed box bay window overlooking the garden to the side of the house, a window to the rear, a fireplace with a marble surround, tiled back and hearth incorporating a coal effect living flame gas fire, two central heating radiators and the original deep coving and picture rails to the ceiling.
Kitchen (4.01m x 3.05m)
Fitted with wall and base units, a sink unit with a circular sink and plumbed space for a dishwasher and washing machine. Original full height built-in crockery cupboard and a recessed open fireplace with a range cooker. Window and entry door to the rear.
Access to all first floor rooms and a staircase rising to the second floor.
Bedroom (4.98m x 4.24m)
A large double bedroom with a bay window to the front and a window to the side. Victorian fireplace, central heating radiator, coving and picture rails to the ceiling and a built-in, full height storage cupboard to the chimney breast recess.
Bedroom (4.67m x 4.22m)
A second large double bedroom with a window to the side elevation, Victorian fireplace, central heating radiator, coving and picture rails to the ceiling and a built-in, full height storage cupboard to the chimney breast recess.
Bedroom (2.21m x 1.60m)
A single bedroom placed to the front with a window.
The bathroom comprises;- double ended panelled bath, a separate walk-in shower enclosure with a mains fed shower, a pedestal hand wash basin and a low level WC. Two windows to the rear, a central heating radiator and a full height fitted storage cupboard.
Access to two bedrooms and two storage rooms.
Bedroom (3.81m x 3.76m)
A double bedroom with a gable end window to the side and a central heating radiator.
Bedroom (4.50mx 2.59m)
A dormer style bedroom with a window to the front, central heating radiator and a Victorian fireplace.
Store (3.07m x 2.21m)
Originally used as a sixth bedroom this room now stores a hot water cylinder and has a small skylight to the ceiling.
Store (2.26m x 1.63m)
A store room with restricted head height and a small skylight to the ceiling.
Established and mature gardens to all sides with a lawned area and shaped flower beds. Driveway to the side offering off-road parking (once cleared) and to the rear is the former garage (in need of demolishing) with a footprint of 20' x 10'.
From our Crossgates office head east along Austhorpe Road towards Manston Park where the property can be found on the left hand side indicated by the Emsleys for sale board.
Crossgates is a bustling community with a busy high street, including Crossgates Shopping Centre.
Residents are a mixture of all age groups, with many having lived in the area for a long time. Positioned on an excellent bus route, with its own train station on the Leeds/York route, Crossgates has easy access to the M62/M1/A1, Leeds city centre, north Leeds and the A64 for York.
Our Crossgates branch serves areas including Barwick in Elmet, Colton, Halton, Seacroft, Scholes, Temple Newsam, Thorner and Whitkirk.
- Corpus Christi Catholic College
- Bishop Young Academy
- John Smeaton Academy
- Leeds East Academy
- Temple Moor High School
Pubs & Restaurants
- La Cantina 44, Crossgates - a family-run restaurant serving Mediterranean cuisine.
- Jinnah, Crossgates - an extensive menu offering Indian and Asian cuisine.
- Sorrento, Crossgates - an Italian restaurant that has been serving food for over 15 years.
- The Black Olive, Crossgates - family-run Turkish and Mediterranean restaurant serving lunch and dinner menus.
- The Charles Henry Roe, Crossgates - Wetherspoon pub serving an extensive food menu and drinks.
- The Skyliner, Austhorpe - one of the oldest and most well-known fish shops in Leeds, The Skyliner has been around for over 50 years.
- The Brown Cow, Whitkirk - authentic British cooking and real ales in a genuine local pub.
- Thorpe Park Hotel, Thorpe Park - a seasonal menu prepared with local Yorkshire produce.
- Franco's, Thorpe Park - a family-run business serving Italian food.
- Leisure - Temple Newsam (Tudor mansion set in 1,500 acres of scenic parkland/woodland, plus a Rare Breeds Farm), Roundhay Park (over 700 acres of parkland, woodland and lakes, plus scented gardens for the blind and butterfly gardens known as Tropical World), Crossgates Library (situated on local bus routes, opposite Crossgates Shopping Centre), Thorpe Park Spa (facilities include a swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna and steam room).
- Sporting - John Smeaton Leisure Centre (bodyline gym, swimming pool and sports pitches), PowerLeague (5-a-side football pitches), Scarcroft Golf Club (golf course set in parkland and countryside).
- Shopping - Crossgates Shopping Centre (local businesses including award-winning butchers, grocers and bakers), Seacroft Green Shopping Centre (stores include Tesco Extra, JD Sports and Poundland), Colton Retail Park (stores include Sainsbury's, B&M Home Store and Garden Centre, and Pets at Home) and The Springs, Thorpe Park (cinema, shops and restaurants, including TK Maxx, Next, Boots, M&S Food Hall and Nando's).