- Gorgeous character cottage
- Sympathetically extended and renovated
- Three double bedrooms
- Modern dining/kitchen
- Utility & guest WC
- Lovely garden to the rear
- Off-road parking for two or more cars
- EPC rating TBC
- Council Tax Band C
*** GORGEOUS 19TH CENTURY CHARACTER COTTAGE SET IN THE HEART OF BARWICK IN ELMET WITH A LOVELY ASPECT*** WAS £395,000 REDUCED TO £385,000 A rare opportunity! Having been sympathetically extended and renovated, this gorgeous character cottage, built circa 1840 is set in an idyllic location overlooking green countryside. The property benefits from many original features but has all the modern day amenities a discerning buyer would expect. Viewing is essential to appreciate the space and layout of this unique cottage in this popular village. The accommodation briefly comprises to the ground floor; living room, sitting room, dining/kitchen, utility room and guest WC. To the first floor are three double bedrooms and a family bathroom. Outside there is an enclosed cottage garden with ample parking, a raised deck and a storage shed. Barwick-in-Elmet is located to the east of Leeds with local amenities including shops, Post Office, Public Houses and the historic Maypole. Local amenities include the shopping facilities of Garforth, The Springs retail and leisure complex, Sainsbury's Retail Park in Colton and Crossgates which has a shopping centre, banks and a local railway station providing easy access to Leeds city centre. *** Call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to arrange your viewing ***
Kitchen/Diner (3.56m x 4.27m)
A beautifully planned dining/kitchen in keeping with the style of the cottage. Fitted with shaker style wall and base units with solid wood work surfaces over. There is a white enamel sink with a side drainer and mixer tap, space for a range cooker, space and plumbing for a washing machine and a tall fridge/freezer.
Living Room (4.67m x 4.57m)
A room full of character with original beams and a period log burner set upon a stone hearth with an oak mantel. There is a central heating radiator and a traditional stable door giving access to the front.
Reception Room (3.33m x 3.23m)
Sitting room? Dining room? Home office? Guest bedroom?- You choose. This versatile room has stripped wood flooring, original beams to the ceiling and a traditional fireplace with a cast-iron insert.
Utility Room (1.22m x 2.13m)
A very useful addition. Fitted with counter tops and cupboards and space for a tumble dryer.
Offering a white low level WC, a wall mounted hand wash basin and a ladder style radiator. The room is laid with wood grain effect flooring and a window is placed to the rear.
Access to two bedrooms and a family bathroom. A short staircase rises to the second floor and there is a 'Velux' window flooding the area with natural light.
Bedroom (4.60m x 3.05m)
A spacious double bedroom placed to the front elevation with a central heating radiator and a double-glazed window.
Bedroom (3.23m x 3.10m)
A double bedroom with a central heating radiator and double-glazed window overlooking the front elevation.
Bathroom (1.75m x 3.15m)
The bathroom offers a Victorian style white suite which comprises: a free standing roll top bath, a separate walk-in shower enclosure, a pedestal hand wash basin and a low level WC. There is a wall mounted ladder style radiator, wood grain effect flooring and a double-glazed window.
A small gallery landing overlooking the kitchen with a 'Velux' window which floods the area with light.
Bedroom (4.75m x 2.90m)
A lovely light and spacious double bedroom with bespoke fitted wardrobes providing hanging rails and storage. There is a double-glazed window overlooking the rear garden and countryside beyond and 'Velux' windows.
The cottage garden is designed for summer living in mind, benefiting from fabulous views over fields to the rear of the property with a large decking area which captures the sunshine. The cottage has a large well established garden, a bespoke brick-built family sized BBQ, an ample sized shed, outdoor storage and car parking for up to 4 vehicles.
From our Crossgates office turn right onto the A6120 and at the roundabout take the third exit to continue on the A6120/Ring Road. At the next roundabout take the third exit again onto Barwick Road. Follow this road for one mile and at the 'T' junction turn right and continue on Leeds Road towards Barwick. As you approach the village continue around the bend towards the Maypole turn left and immediately right into The Boyle where the property can be found on the left hand side.
Crossgates is a bustling community with a busy high street, including Crossgates Shopping Centre.
Residents are a mixture of all age groups, with many having lived in the area for a long time. Positioned on an excellent bus route, with its own train station on the Leeds/York route, Crossgates has easy access to the M62/M1/A1, Leeds city centre, north Leeds and the A64 for York.
Our Crossgates branch serves areas including Barwick in Elmet, Colton, Halton, Seacroft, Scholes, Temple Newsam, Thorner and Whitkirk.
- Corpus Christi Catholic College
- Bishop Young Academy
- John Smeaton Academy
- Leeds East Academy
- Temple Moor High School
Pubs & Restaurants
- La Cantina 44, Crossgates - a family-run restaurant serving Mediterranean cuisine.
- Jinnah, Crossgates - an extensive menu offering Indian and Asian cuisine.
- Sorrento, Crossgates - an Italian restaurant that has been serving food for over 15 years.
- The Black Olive, Crossgates - family-run Turkish and Mediterranean restaurant serving lunch and dinner menus.
- The Charles Henry Roe, Crossgates - Wetherspoon pub serving an extensive food menu and drinks.
- The Skyliner, Austhorpe - one of the oldest and most well-known fish shops in Leeds, The Skyliner has been around for over 50 years.
- The Brown Cow, Whitkirk - authentic British cooking and real ales in a genuine local pub.
- Thorpe Park Hotel, Thorpe Park - a seasonal menu prepared with local Yorkshire produce.
- Franco's, Thorpe Park - a family-run business serving Italian food.
- Leisure - Temple Newsam (Tudor mansion set in 1,500 acres of scenic parkland/woodland, plus a Rare Breeds Farm), Roundhay Park (over 700 acres of parkland, woodland and lakes, plus scented gardens for the blind and butterfly gardens known as Tropical World), Crossgates Library (situated on local bus routes, opposite Crossgates Shopping Centre), Thorpe Park Spa (facilities include a swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna and steam room).
- Sporting - John Smeaton Leisure Centre (bodyline gym, swimming pool and sports pitches), PowerLeague (5-a-side football pitches), Scarcroft Golf Club (golf course set in parkland and countryside).
- Shopping - Crossgates Shopping Centre (local businesses including award-winning butchers, grocers and bakers), Seacroft Green Shopping Centre (stores include Tesco Extra, JD Sports and Poundland), Colton Retail Park (stores include Sainsbury's, B&M Home Store and Garden Centre, and Pets at Home) and The Springs, Thorpe Park (cinema, shops and restaurants, including TK Maxx, Next, Boots, M&S Food Hall and Nando's).
Templenewsam View, Leeds£399,995
***SOUGHT AFTER 'TUCKED AWAY' LOCATION * ADJACENT TO TEMPLNEWSAM COUNTRY ESTATE * SOLD WITH NO CHAIN * LARGE DRIVEWAY & GARAGE *** This one is not to be missed! A well maintained and presented traditional family home! Set in a 'no through road...
Kingswear Crescent, Leeds£325,000
*** EXTENDED SEMI-DETACHED HOUSE * THREE DOUBLE BEDROOMS * EN-SUITE * OPEN-PLAN KITCHEN*** Emsleys are delighted to offer for sale this extended well presented family home. Situated in the ever popular district of Whitkirk the house benefits from...
High Bank View, Leeds£319,000
*** EVER POPULAR LOCATION * EXTENDED LINK-DETACHED HOUSE WITH GARDEN ROOM/OFFICE *** Having been extended to provide three DOUBLE bedrooms is this double fronted link-detached house situated in the ever popular Colton village. The property now...