- Popular village location
- Three bedroom end townhouse
- Very well presented
- Ideal first time buy
- Off-road parking
- South-west facing garden
- Council Tax Band A
- EPC rating E
- No Chain
*** THREE BEDROOM END TOWNHOUSE * EXCELLENT FIRST HOME * VILLAGE LOCATION *** NO CHAIN *** Located in a tucked away, no through road position, is this three bedroom end town house. Being very well presented with modern decor throughout the house and occupying a corner position with the advantage of a good sized south-west facing garden to the rear with a summer house! and an EV charging point to the front! The accommodation briefly comprises;- entrance hall, lounge/dining room with stripped timber floor and patio doors to the rear garden, and as fitted kitchen to the ground floor. To the first floor are three bedrooms, all with laminate flooring and the house bathroom. Outside there is off-road parking to the front and enclosed gardens to the side and rear. The village is excellently placed with the nearby connection of the M62 and A1 within a five minute drive, whilst also just 5/8 minutes to the village of Fairburn and its famous RSPB reserve. ***Call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to arrange a viewing***
PVCu double-glazed external door gives access to the hallway which has stripped timber flooring, coving and a wall mounted electric radiator.
Kitchen (2.29m x 2.54m)
Having fitted units including base cupboards and drawers with roll edge working surfaces over, display shelving and a single drainer stainless steel sink with side drainer. Slot-in cooker, tall fridge/freezer and a plumbed space for an automatic washing machine. PVCu double-glazed window overlooking the front.
Living Room (4.81m x 4.42m)
The living room is flooded with natural light through aluminium sliding patio doors which also give direct access to the rear garden. A wall mounted oak mantel shelf with an electric log burner effect stove create a focal point, stripped timber flooring, coving and a useful fixture storage cupboard.
A useful cylinder/airing cupboard provides space for linens and towels and an access point to the roof void.
Bedroom 1 (2.84m x 3.70m)
A double bedroom overlooking the front with a wardrobe to the recess, a wall mounted electric radiator, wood grain effect laminate flooring and a PVCu double-glazed window.
Bedroom 2 (2.58m x 2.44m)
A second double bedroom overlooking the rear garden, laid with wood grain effect laminate flooring, a wall mounted electric radiator and a PVCu double-glazed window.
Bedroom 3 (1.83m x 1.88m)
A single bedroom currently used as an office space with a wall mounted electric radiator and a PVCu double-glazed window to the rear.
Fitted with a white three piece suite which comprises;- panelled bath with electric shower and screen over, pedestal wash hand basin, low level WC and a ladder style electric towel warmer. Fully tiled walls, coving and an extractor fan to the ceiling.
To the front, the property offers off-road parking with an Electric Vehicle Charging point. The side and rear of the property are fulled enclosed with timber fencing and an access gate. The rear garden is delightful and being south-west facing could enjoy day long sunshine. Low maintenance gravelled areas, a small circular lawn, two patio seating areas to choose from and a summer house! What more could you ask for?
Sherburn in Elmet is a popular small town situated between Leeds and York.
Having plenty of local amenities, making it an ideal destination for families and older generations. Sherburn has easy access to the motorway network (A1/M1/M62), as well as close proximity to local railway stations including South Milford and Church Fenton.
Our Sherburn branch serves areas including Barkston Ash, Burton Salmon, Church Fenton, Hillam, Monk Fryston, Saxton, Selby and South Milford.
- Sherburn High School
- Selby High School
- Selby College
- Tadcaster Grammar School
- Brayton Academy
- Garforth Academy
- Sherburn Hungate Primary School
- Athelstan Primary School
- South Milford Primary School
- Barkston Ash Catholic Primary School
Pubs & Restaurants
- Cumin Lounge, South Milford - Indian restaurant serving authentic dishes using traditional herbs and spices.
- The Rockingham Arms, Towton - family-run pub offering classic dishes using local ingredients.
- Elmet Kitchen, Sherburn in Elmet - freshly prepared authentic Bengal cuisine, using locally sourced produce.
- Saffron, Sherburn in Elmet - authentic Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine available to eat in or take away.
- The Crooked Billet, Saxton - serves breakfast in the morning and traditional pub grub in the evening - it is also the home of the giant Yorkshire pudding.
- The Castle Inn, Cawood - a pub serving traditional meals, light bites or buffets for parties. Features a touring caravan park.
- Sherburn Community Trust - offers library, tea room and village support network
- Fields Garden Centre and Kitchen
- The Motorist Garage & Workshop and The Arnage Restaurant
- Plus, there are lots of local pubs in and near the village serving food, as well as several takeaways.
- Leisure – Brayton Barff (an ancient woodland), Skipwith Common (a nature reserve comprising 500 acres of lowland heath, with three waymarked trails), Stillingfeet Lodge Gardens (quintessentially English garden all managed to be as wildlife friendly as possible).
- History – Selby Abbey (1,000 year old abbey with iconic architecture, sacred space and a vibrant worshipping community), Towton Battlefield (historic location with places to walk), Lotherton Hall (country estate comprising a country house, Edwardian gardens, woodland walks and a bird garden).
- Sporting – Fitness Motion (gym, fitness classes and personal trainers), Everyman Racing (bespoke driving experiences, cars include Formula 1 Grand Prix, Ferrari, McLaren and more), Sherburn Aero Club (an airfield and flying club where you can learn to fly or admire the skills of a pilot), many local sports clubs and activities.
- Shopping – Sherburn centre (local, family-run businesses including bakers, butchers, DIY stores and more), York centre (hop on the train and enjoy York’s history, shops, bars and restaurants), Designer Outlet (indoor shopping centre on the outskirts of York), Leeds centre (catch a train to take advantage of the wide range of shops, bars and restaurants), Xscape (leisure complex near Castleford with shops, bars, restaurants, cinemas, a snow slope and a bowling alley).
Market your property
with Emsleys Estate Agents
Book a market appraisal for your property today. Our virtual options are still available if you prefer.