- Popular location close to Thorpe Park retail
- Convienient for transport & motorway links
- In need of some modernisation
- Three bedrooms
- Two reception rooms
- Garage & off-road parking
- Council Tax Band C
- EPC rating E
*** FABULOUS LOCATION * CLOSE TO 'THE SPRINGS' AT THORPE PARK * LOTS OF POTENTIAL*** This example of a traditional semi-detached home sits in the ever popular district of Austhorpe on the east side of Leeds. Situated in a 'no through road' location, just a stones throw from local woodland and bridle paths, yet within easy distance of local amenities and retail complexes. The property does require a degree of modernisation but does offer gas central heating, partial double-glazing, a wet room and a fitted kitchen. The accommodation briefly comprises to the ground floor; entrance porch, hallway, guest WC, living room, dining room, kitchen and a utility room to the ground floor. To the first floor are two double bedrooms, a single bedroom and the house bathroom. Outside are enclosed gardens to the front and rear, a garage and a driveway. The location is unparalleled - close to excellent schools being adjacent to fantastic transport links via the M1 motorway networks giving quick and easy access to Wetherby, York or Wakefield. There are good public transport links just a short walk away on the main A63 Selby Road along with a railway station at Crossgates for a quick and smooth commute to LEEDS city centre. Within walking distance there is the new and exciting shopping and leisure complex at 'The Springs' which has a cinema and M&S Food store. There is also Sainsburys supermarket at the ever popular Colton retail park and with Crossgates just a short drive away you will be spoilt for choice with a range of shops, banks, cafes and bars. This home has to be viewed to be appreciated both the size and location! **Call now 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to arrange a viewing.
Enter through PVCu double-glazed French doors - a useful space for pets or pushchairs.
With a staircase rising to the first floor, window to the front, central heating radiator and an under stair storage area.
Living Room (2.95m x 3.56m)
A traditional lounge with a focal fireplace with electric fire. Built-in storage to both chimney breast recesses, dado rail, coving to the ceiling, wall light points, central heating radiator and a PVCu double-glazed bay window placed to the front.
Dining Room (3.66m x 3.56m)
A spacious room with a focal fireplace, coving to the ceiling, central heating radiator and a PVCu double-glazed window overlooking the rear garden.
Kitchen (3.66m x 2.31m)
A galley style kitchen fitted with a good range of white gloss wall and base units with contrasting work surfaces over. Inset stainless steel sink with side drainer and mixer tap placed in front of a window to the side elevation. Stainless steel gas hob with splashback, eye-level electric oven, tall larder units, wall mounted central heating boiler and a tall fridge/freezer. A timber glazed door opens to;-
A modern addition half tiled with a low level WC, hand wash basin, window to the side and an extractor fan.
Utility Room (1.74m x 2.82m)
Fitted with base units and counter tops to both sides with a plumbed space for a washing machine and dryer. The seller has informed us the washer and dryer will be left in place.
With a window to the side and three built-in storage cupboards.
Bedroom 1 (2.97m x 3.58m)
A double bedroom overlooking the front with a central heating radiator and a single-glazed window.
Bedroom 2 (3.58m x 3.05m)
A second double bedroom with built-in storage cupboards, central heating radiator and a single-glazed window overlooking the rear garden.
Bedroom 3 (2.01m x 2.44m)
A single bedroom with a bulk head storage cupboard and shelving, central heating radiator and a single-glazed window to the front.
Adapted for mobility needs, the fully tiled wet room provides a shower area, a pedestal hand wash basin, central heating radiator and a single-glazed window to the rear.
With low flush WC and a single-glazed window to the rear.
The property is access to the front where there is a small lawn, boundary hedge and off-road parking provided by a 'crazy-paved' driveway. The driveway continues to the side and leads to a sectional garage which has an up-and-over door. The rear garden is enclosed and offers a paved patio area, lawn and mature borders stocked well with flowering shrubs and trees and a greenhouse.
Leave Crossgates on Station Road and follow the road towards Colton roundabout. At the roundabout continue straight over and continue taking the fifth left turn into Austhorpe Drive. Continue to the end where the property can be found on the left hand side identified by the Emsleys for sale board.
Crossgates is a bustling community with a busy high street, including Crossgates Shopping Centre.
Residents are a mixture of all age groups, with many having lived in the area for a long time. Positioned on an excellent bus route, with its own train station on the Leeds/York route, Crossgates has easy access to the M62/M1/A1, Leeds city centre, north Leeds and the A64 for York.
Our Crossgates branch serves areas including Barwick in Elmet, Colton, Halton, Seacroft, Scholes, Temple Newsam, Thorner and Whitkirk.
- Corpus Christi Catholic College
- Bishop Young Academy
- John Smeaton Academy
- Leeds East Academy
- Temple Moor High School
Pubs & Restaurants
- La Cantina 44, Crossgates - a family-run restaurant serving Mediterranean cuisine.
- Jinnah, Crossgates - an extensive menu offering Indian and Asian cuisine.
- Sorrento, Crossgates - an Italian restaurant that has been serving food for over 15 years.
- The Black Olive, Crossgates - family-run Turkish and Mediterranean restaurant serving lunch and dinner menus.
- The Charles Henry Roe, Crossgates - Wetherspoon pub serving an extensive food menu and drinks.
- The Skyliner, Austhorpe - one of the oldest and most well-known fish shops in Leeds, The Skyliner has been around for over 50 years.
- The Brown Cow, Whitkirk - authentic British cooking and real ales in a genuine local pub.
- Thorpe Park Hotel, Thorpe Park - a seasonal menu prepared with local Yorkshire produce.
- Franco's, Thorpe Park - a family-run business serving Italian food.
- Leisure - Temple Newsam (Tudor mansion set in 1,500 acres of scenic parkland/woodland, plus a Rare Breeds Farm), Roundhay Park (over 700 acres of parkland, woodland and lakes, plus scented gardens for the blind and butterfly gardens known as Tropical World), Crossgates Library (situated on local bus routes, opposite Crossgates Shopping Centre), Thorpe Park Spa (facilities include a swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna and steam room).
- Sporting - John Smeaton Leisure Centre (bodyline gym, swimming pool and sports pitches), PowerLeague (5-a-side football pitches), Scarcroft Golf Club (golf course set in parkland and countryside).
- Shopping - Crossgates Shopping Centre (local businesses including award-winning butchers, grocers and bakers), Seacroft Green Shopping Centre (stores include Tesco Extra, JD Sports and Poundland), Colton Retail Park (stores include Sainsbury's, B&M Home Store and Garden Centre, and Pets at Home) and The Springs, Thorpe Park (cinema, shops and restaurants, including TK Maxx, Next, Boots, M&S Food Hall and Nando's).
***DETACHED THREE BEDROOM BUNGALOW - RARE TO THE MARKET- GOOD SIZED PLOT & GARAGE *** This sizable three bedroom bungalow is situated on the ever popular KELMSCOTT LANE. Close to the local amenities of Crossgates and a few minutes walk from...
Kelmscott Gardens, Leeds£285,000
***EXTENDED THREE BEDROOM SEMI-DETACHED BUNGALOW - FLEXIBLE ACCOMMODATION WITH OPEN-PLAN LIVING *** This three bedroom semi-detached bungalow has been fully extended and renovated by the current owner and offers flexible accommodation. Having...
Kelmscott Green, Leeds£265,000
*** PRICE WAS £275,000 PRICE NOW £265,000 SAVING £10,000 *** CALL NOW TO BOOK YOUR VIEWING!*** *** BEAUTIFULLY PRESENTED SEMI-DETACHED OVERLOOKING LARGE PUBLIC GREEN - MUST BE SEEN!*** This wonderful semi-detached property offers...
Ring Road, Crossgates, Leeds£260,000
***A TRADITIONAL THREE BEDROOM SEMI-DETACHED HOUSE IN AN EXCELLENT LOCATION!*** Set in the ever popular district of CROSSGATES is this traditional bay fronted semi-detached house. The house currently requires a little modernisation but does...
Cross Gates Road, Leeds£260,000
*** THREE BEDROOM SEMI-DETACHED - CLOSE TO ALL LOCAL AMENITIES AND TRANSPORT LINKS*** EMSLEY'S are pleased to present this lovely example of a 1930’s traditional family home. This property has been well cared for and modernised by the present...
Ring Road, Halton, Leeds£260,000
***VERY WELL MAINTAINED AND PRESENTED THREE BEDROOM SEMI-DETACHED HOUSE IN AN EXCELLENT LOCATION!*** NO ONWARD CHAIN .******* This is a truly cared for family home. Set in the ever popular district of CROSSGATES the house is placed well to enjoy...
Kelmscott Lane, Leeds£250,000
*** PRICE WAS £270,000, PRICE NOW £ 250,000 SAVING £20,000! CALL NOW TO BOOK YOUR VIEWING!*** ***FABULOUS THREE BEDROOM SEMI-DETACHED HOUSE - READY TO MOVE INTO ACCOMMODATION *** RARELY does a three bedroom house come to the...
Hawkhill Gardens, LeedsAsking Price, £250,000
*** THREE BEDROOM 1930'S SEMI-DETACHED * CLOSE TO AMENITIES * SOME UPDATING REQUIRED *** Viewing is essential to appreciate the size of accommodation on offer. This is a lovely example of a traditional 1930's semi-detached home. The house offers...
Pendas Way, Leeds£245,000
***THREE BEDROOM SEMI-DETACHED HOUSE CLOSE TO LOCAL PARK & AMENITIES*** Emsleys are delighted to offer for sale this three bedroom semi-detached family home. The property has been extended to the rear and so offers a large dining/kitchen, along...