- Two bedroom terrace house
- Ideal investment or first time purchase
- In need of modernisation
- Close to local amenities & transport links
- Gas central heating
- Garden and parking potential to the front
- Council Tax Band B
- EPC rating D
*** TWO BED TERRACE IN NEED OF MODERNISATION * CLOSE TO LOCAL AMENITIES & RAILWAY *** This two bedroom terrace needs to be inspected to fully appreciate its size and potential. Situated on a 'no through road' close to local amenities and within walking distance of Crossgates railway station. The property has gas central heating but requires modernisation throughout. Having potential to extend a the side (subject to planning consents) this would make an ideal investment or first time purchase! The accommodation briefly comprises;- entrance porch, living room, kitchen, pantry, store room and WC to the ground floor. To the first floor are two double bedrooms and the house bathroom. The exterior offers an enclosed garden to the front with lawn and flower beds. The location is close to fantastic transport links via the M1 motorway networks giving quick and easy access to Wetherby, York or Wakefield. There are good public transport links just a short walk away and a railway station at Crossgates for a quick and smooth commute to LEEDS city centre. Crossgates shopping district is a short distance away and offers a wide range of shops, banks, cafes, bars and restaurants PLUS the new and exciting shopping and leisure complex at 'The Springs' complete with an Odeon cinema, M&S Food & Next and much more just a five minute car ride away. *** Call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to arrange your viewing! ***
A useful place for muddy boots, pets or pushchairs. With a hardwood entry door and sealed unit double-glazed windows.
Living Room (4.57m x 4.27m)
A spacious living space with a window to the front and lovely original mouldings with a ceiling rose and deep coving. Two central heating radiators and a door giving access to the front garden via a covered portico.
Kitchen (4.29m x 2.02m)
In need of modernisation the kitchen currently offers a free standing gas cooker and a stainless steel sink. A traditional pantry store offers good storage, window and houses the central heating boiler. In addition there is a window placed to the side elevation, an entry door to the porch, a central heating radiator and a large under stair storage cupboard.
Store (1.22m x 0.91m)
Accessed from the kitchen, a storage space for utilities with shelving.
Fitted with a low flush WC.
Access to the cellar is through a hatch at the bottom of the staircase. A ladder leads down to a chamber offering further storage.
Doors accessing :-
Bedroom 1 (4.57m x 3.23m)
A large double bedroom with a central heating radiator and a window overlooking the front garden.
Bedroom 2 (2.44m x 3.15m)
A second double bedroom with a central heating radiator, a window overlooking the front garden and a hatch giving access to the roof space.
Bathroom (3.05m x2.21m)
The bathroom offers a three piece suite which comprises;- panelled bath, low flush WC and a pedestal hand wash basin. Central heating radiator, window to the side elevation and a built-in cupboard providing useful storage space.
The property is accessed via a shared pathway. There is a good sized garden to the front laid with a lawn and is stocked well with mature shrubs and trees. There is potential here to create a driveway for off-road parking (subject to planning consents).
From the Crossgates office, proceed along Austhorpe Road and at the traffic lights turn left onto Station Road. Proceed and after the traffic lights turn right over the dual carriageway, and turn right onto Green Lane. Proceed along, but before the Leodis public house turn right onto Hermon Road where the property can be found on the left hand side indicated by the Emsleys for sale board.
Crossgates is a bustling community with a busy high street, including Crossgates Shopping Centre.
Residents are a mixture of all age groups, with many having lived in the area for a long time. Positioned on an excellent bus route, with its own train station on the Leeds/York route, Crossgates has easy access to the M62/M1/A1, Leeds city centre, north Leeds and the A64 for York.
Our Crossgates branch serves areas including Barwick in Elmet, Colton, Halton, Seacroft, Scholes, Temple Newsam, Thorner and Whitkirk.
- Corpus Christi Catholic College
- Bishop Young Academy
- John Smeaton Academy
- Leeds East Academy
- Temple Moor High School
Pubs & Restaurants
- La Cantina 44, Crossgates - a family-run restaurant serving Mediterranean cuisine.
- Jinnah, Crossgates - an extensive menu offering Indian and Asian cuisine.
- Sorrento, Crossgates - an Italian restaurant that has been serving food for over 15 years.
- The Black Olive, Crossgates - family-run Turkish and Mediterranean restaurant serving lunch and dinner menus.
- The Charles Henry Roe, Crossgates - Wetherspoon pub serving an extensive food menu and drinks.
- The Skyliner, Austhorpe - one of the oldest and most well-known fish shops in Leeds, The Skyliner has been around for over 50 years.
- The Brown Cow, Whitkirk - authentic British cooking and real ales in a genuine local pub.
- Thorpe Park Hotel, Thorpe Park - a seasonal menu prepared with local Yorkshire produce.
- Franco's, Thorpe Park - a family-run business serving Italian food.
- Leisure - Temple Newsam (Tudor mansion set in 1,500 acres of scenic parkland/woodland, plus a Rare Breeds Farm), Roundhay Park (over 700 acres of parkland, woodland and lakes, plus scented gardens for the blind and butterfly gardens known as Tropical World), Crossgates Library (situated on local bus routes, opposite Crossgates Shopping Centre), Thorpe Park Spa (facilities include a swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna and steam room).
- Sporting - John Smeaton Leisure Centre (bodyline gym, swimming pool and sports pitches), PowerLeague (5-a-side football pitches), Scarcroft Golf Club (golf course set in parkland and countryside).
- Shopping - Crossgates Shopping Centre (local businesses including award-winning butchers, grocers and bakers), Seacroft Green Shopping Centre (stores include Tesco Extra, JD Sports and Poundland), Colton Retail Park (stores include Sainsbury's, B&M Home Store and Garden Centre, and Pets at Home) and The Springs, Thorpe Park (cinema, shops and restaurants, including TK Maxx, Next, Boots, M&S Food Hall and Nando's).
Kelmscott Lane, Crossgates, Leeds£200,000
***TWO BEDROOM SEMI-DETACHED BUNGALOW - NO FORWARD CHAIN!*** Offered for sale with NO CHAIN! This two bedroom semi-detached bungalow offers spacious rooms and a conservatory extension to the rear. The property does require modernisation but...
Kelmscott Gardens, Leeds£199,995
***TWO BEDROOM SEMI-DETACHED BUNGALOW - QUIE CUL-DE-SAC LOCATION & NO CHAIN *** This two bedroom bungalow comes to the market in immaculate condition but does need a degree of modernisation. The property is in a cul-de-sac and has the benefit of...
Oak Road Halton£185,000
*** TWO BEDROOM SEMI-DETACHED BUNGALOW - IN NEED OF SOME INTERNAL MODERNISATION *** This two bedroom semi-detached bungalow is now available. Oak Road is ever popular and is situated within striking distance of Temple Newsam Golf Club. Outdoor...
Portage Avenue, LeedsGuide Price, £180,000
***TWO BEDROOM DETACHED BUNGALOW * DOUBLE GARAGE & CONSERVATORY * NO CHAIN!*** For sale by Modern Method of Auction; Starting Bid Price £180,000 plus Reservation Fee. (Please see agents notes for further information). Sitting on a large...
Main Street, Scholes, Leeds£180,000
*** POPULAR VILLAGE LOCATION * DECEPTIVELY SPACIOUS * WELL PRESENTED *** For sale by Modern Method of Auction; Starting Bid Price £180,000 plus Reservation Fee. (Please see agents notes for further information). Sold with tenant in situ...
Kelmscott Garth, Crossgates, LeedsReduced To, £175,000
*** WHAT A BARGAIN! SEMI-DETACHED BUNGALOW SOLD WITH NO CHAIN - GOOD SIZE REAR GARDEN *** Situated in this quiet cul-de-sac in the sought after location of Crossgates is this ready to move into bungalow which is ideal for down sizers. The...
Newsam Court, Leeds£165,000
***TWO BEDROOM GROUND FLOOR FLAT * WELL MAINTAINED * SOLD WITH NO ONWARD CHAIN *** This well maintained ground floor flat would suit first time buyers, investors or downsizers alike. The spacious and well proportioned accommodation is situated at...