- Semi-detached bungalow
- Lounge & dining/kitchen
- Two double bedrooms
- Sun room & enclosed rear garden
- Close to local amenities & public transport
- Council Tax Band C
- EPC rating D
*** TWO BEDROOM SEMI-DETACHED BUNGALOW - IN NEED OF SOME INTERNAL MODERNISATION *** This two bedroom semi-detached bungalow is now available. Oak Road is ever popular and is situated within striking distance of Temple Newsam Golf Club. Outdoor enthusiasts, families and pet lovers will love this location. If you are looking for a property to put your own stamp on this could be for you as the house comes ready equipped with a replaced roof (2015), gas central heating and PVCu double-glazing. The accommodation briefly comprises; entrance lobby, living room, dining area & kitchen, sunroom, two double bedrooms and a shower room. Outside are lawned gardens to the front and rear. Within walking distance of Temple Newsam country park estate which offers a Tudor-Jacobean house, open parkland and a visitors farm. For the shopper there is a brand new development just off junction 46 of the M1 North - 'The Springs' in Thorpe Park including a cinema, M&S foodhall, bars and restaurants. Additional shops, cafes and bars are available at Halton and Crossgates shopping centre which has its own railway station. The property is close to local primary and secondary schools and offers fantastic transport links via the A63 and motorway network which is just a short walk away. *** Call now 24 hours a day 7 days a week to arrange your viewing ***
Entry is through a PVCu double-glazed door which opens to the living room.
Living Room (3.73m x 4.36m)
A spacious and light living room with a feature fireplace and fixture media shelving. The room has a double-glazed box bay window overlooking the front garden, a central heating radiator and is laid with wood grain effect laminate flooring.
Dining Area (2.59m x 2.62m)
Accessed from the living room there is space for a dining table and chairs, fixed kitchen unit with work surface over, central heating radiator and a double-glazed window placed to the rear.
Kitchen (1.65m x 1.13m)
In need of modernisation there are some fitted wall and base units with surfaces over incorporating a circular stainless steel sink with side drainer, built under electric oven with electric hob and extractor hood over and space and plumbing for an automatic washing machine. A double-glazed window commands a good view of the rear garden whilst a side entry door provides access to the sun room.
Sun Room (1.65m x 3.12m)
In need of refurbishment, with a central heating radiator, poly-carbonate roof, PVCu double-glazed windows and an entry door to the rear garden.
Bedroom 1 (3.73m x 3.25m)
A double bedroom fitted with a range of fixture wardrobes providing hanging rails and shelving, drawers and a recessed area with power points for a wall mounted TV. An original cast-iron fireplace, central heating radiator and a double–glazed window overlooking the front garden.
Bedroom 2 (2.59m x 3.25m)
A second double bedroom with a fixture cupboard housing the central heating boiler. Central heating radiator and a double–glazed window overlooking the rear garden.
The shower room is fully tiled and offers a shower enclosure, a hand wash basin and a low flush WC. There is a double-glazed window to the side elevation and a central heating radiator.
The property is accessed at the front through a hand gate to a small lawned garden with a boundary hedge and fencing. The side of the property is enclosed with fencing and further hand gate which gives access to the rear garden which is laid to lawn, again with a boundary hedge and fencing. Exterior water supply.
From our Crossgates office on Austhorpe Road turn left at the traffic lights onto Station Road and continue to the roundabout with Ring Road Halton. Turn right at the roundabout and take the fourth turning left onto Selby Road. Continue down Selby Road and at the cross roads and the traffic lights on the continuation of Selby Road take the left hand turning onto Templenewsam Road. Follow the road round and Oak Road will be found on the left hand side
Crossgates is a bustling community with a busy high street, including Crossgates Shopping Centre.
Residents are a mixture of all age groups, with many having lived in the area for a long time. Positioned on an excellent bus route, with its own train station on the Leeds/York route, Crossgates has easy access to the M62/M1/A1, Leeds city centre, north Leeds and the A64 for York.
Our Crossgates branch serves areas including Barwick in Elmet, Colton, Halton, Seacroft, Scholes, Temple Newsam, Thorner and Whitkirk.
- Corpus Christi Catholic College
- Bishop Young Academy
- John Smeaton Academy
- Leeds East Academy
- Temple Moor High School
Pubs & Restaurants
- La Cantina 44, Crossgates - a family-run restaurant serving Mediterranean cuisine.
- Jinnah, Crossgates - an extensive menu offering Indian and Asian cuisine.
- Sorrento, Crossgates - an Italian restaurant that has been serving food for over 15 years.
- The Black Olive, Crossgates - family-run Turkish and Mediterranean restaurant serving lunch and dinner menus.
- The Charles Henry Roe, Crossgates - Wetherspoon pub serving an extensive food menu and drinks.
- The Skyliner, Austhorpe - one of the oldest and most well-known fish shops in Leeds, The Skyliner has been around for over 50 years.
- The Brown Cow, Whitkirk - authentic British cooking and real ales in a genuine local pub.
- Thorpe Park Hotel, Thorpe Park - a seasonal menu prepared with local Yorkshire produce.
- Franco's, Thorpe Park - a family-run business serving Italian food.
- Leisure - Temple Newsam (Tudor mansion set in 1,500 acres of scenic parkland/woodland, plus a Rare Breeds Farm), Roundhay Park (over 700 acres of parkland, woodland and lakes, plus scented gardens for the blind and butterfly gardens known as Tropical World), Crossgates Library (situated on local bus routes, opposite Crossgates Shopping Centre), Thorpe Park Spa (facilities include a swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna and steam room).
- Sporting - John Smeaton Leisure Centre (bodyline gym, swimming pool and sports pitches), PowerLeague (5-a-side football pitches), Scarcroft Golf Club (golf course set in parkland and countryside).
- Shopping - Crossgates Shopping Centre (local businesses including award-winning butchers, grocers and bakers), Seacroft Green Shopping Centre (stores include Tesco Extra, JD Sports and Poundland), Colton Retail Park (stores include Sainsbury's, B&M Home Store and Garden Centre, and Pets at Home) and The Springs, Thorpe Park (cinema, shops and restaurants, including TK Maxx, Next, Boots, M&S Food Hall and Nando's).
Kelmscott Lane, Crossgates, Leeds£200,000
***TWO BEDROOM SEMI-DETACHED BUNGALOW - NO FORWARD CHAIN!*** Offered for sale with NO CHAIN! This two bedroom semi-detached bungalow offers spacious rooms and a conservatory extension to the rear. The property does require modernisation but...
Kelmscott Gardens, Leeds£199,995
***TWO BEDROOM SEMI-DETACHED BUNGALOW - QUIE CUL-DE-SAC LOCATION & NO CHAIN *** This two bedroom bungalow comes to the market in immaculate condition but does need a degree of modernisation. The property is in a cul-de-sac and has the benefit of...
Portage Avenue, LeedsGuide Price, £180,000
***TWO BEDROOM DETACHED BUNGALOW * DOUBLE GARAGE & CONSERVATORY * NO CHAIN!*** For sale by Modern Method of Auction; Starting Bid Price £180,000 plus Reservation Fee. (Please see agents notes for further information). Sitting on a large...
Main Street, Scholes, Leeds£180,000
*** POPULAR VILLAGE LOCATION * DECEPTIVELY SPACIOUS * WELL PRESENTED *** For sale by Modern Method of Auction; Starting Bid Price £180,000 plus Reservation Fee. (Please see agents notes for further information). Sold with tenant in situ...
Hermon Road, Leeds£170,000
*** TWO BED TERRACE IN NEED OF MODERNISATION * CLOSE TO LOCAL AMENITIES & RAILWAY *** This two bedroom terrace needs to be inspected to fully appreciate its size and potential. Situated on a 'no through road' close to local amenities and within...
Newsam Court, Leeds£165,000
***TWO BEDROOM GROUND FLOOR FLAT * WELL MAINTAINED * SOLD WITH NO ONWARD CHAIN *** This well maintained ground floor flat would suit first time buyers, investors or downsizers alike. The spacious and well proportioned accommodation is situated at...