- Characterful cottage
- Old Colton village
- Rarely available
- Two bedrooms
- Two reception rooms
- Gardens to front and rear
- Within walking distance of Templenewsam Estate
- Council Tax Band C
- EPC rating D
*** OLD COLTON VILLAGE * MUST BE VIEWED * CHARACTER COTTAGE CLOSE TO TEMPLENEWSAM *** Quietly nestling within an exclusive courtyard is this two bedroom cottage. Sympathetically modernised to provide a modern home but bursting with character features including an exposed brick fireplace and beams to the ceilings. The cottage which has been extended to the rear to provide a sun room or dining room enjoys gas central heating, PVCu double-glazing and had a replacement roof in 2015. The accommodation briefly comprises to the ground floor; living room, fitted kitchen, sun room with access to the garden. To the first floor are two bedrooms and the house family bathroom. Enclosed gardens to the front and rear. Enjoying an idyllic haven within this highly regarded and sought after conservation area, being a short walk from Templenewsam Country Park Estate and a 'stones throw' from the Colton medieval trail! The location is unparalleled being adjacent to fantastic transport links via the M1 motorway networks giving quick and easy access to Wetherby, York or Wakefield and a railway station at Crossgates for a quick and smooth commute to LEEDS city centre. Within walking distance there is a new and exciting shopping and leisure complex at 'The Springs' plus Sainsburys supermarket at the ever popular Colton retail park. With Crossgates just a short drive away you will be spoilt for choice with a range of shops, banks, cafes and bars. This home simply has to be viewed to appreciate both the idyllic location and character! *** Call now 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to book your viewing ***
Living Room (4.60m x 4.19m)
Enter from the garden to the open-plan lounge which is laid with wood grain effect laminate flooring. An open exposed brick fireplace houses a gas fired cast-iron stove, there is a central heating radiator, beams to the ceiling, wall light points, and a double-glazed window looking over the front garden.
Kitchen (2.90m x 4.06m)
The modern kitchen is fitted with wall and base units in a modern charcoal colour with 'butcher style' work surfaces and tiled splashbacks over. Integrated appliances include a range cooker and dishwasher, there is space for a tall fridge/freezer and plumbed space for a washing machine. A 'Belfast' sink with mixer tap over sits in front of a double-glazed window which is placed to the rear.
Sun Room (2.64m x 3.58m)
With a glass roof, PVCu double-glazed windows and French doors opening to the garden.
Bedroom 1 (4.60m x 3.23m)
A large double bedroom fitted with a triple wardrobe providing hanging rails and shelving. The room offers an open fireplace with a cast-iron grate, stripped original floorboards, central heating radiator and double-glazed windows overlooking the front garden.
Bedroom 2 (3.15m x 2.37m)
Fitted with a triple wardrobe providing storage and hanging rails, central heating radiator and a double-glazed window overlooking the rear garden.
A modern bathroom part tiled with 'tumbled stone' effect ceramics and fitted with a white three piece suite which comprises;- panelled bath with mains fed shower and screen over, a pedestal hand wash basin and low flush w.c. Central heating radiator and a double-glazed window placed to the rear.
The property is approached via a small footpath which leads to a recently paved garden enclosed with a hand gate and picket fence. A side return leads to the rear garden which is also enclosed and offers a large patio seating area, raised lawn and play area.
From our Crossgates office on Austhorpe Road head west and at the end turn left onto Ring Road. Follow the road until the roundabout and take the second exit right onto Colton Lane. Follow the road and take the third right into Meynell Lane. Follow the road into Colton Old Village and bear left at the Methodist church and continue onto Meynell Road. Take the fourth left into Woodhall Court where the property can be located on the left hand side.
Crossgates is a bustling community with a busy high street, including Crossgates Shopping Centre.
Residents are a mixture of all age groups, with many having lived in the area for a long time. Positioned on an excellent bus route, with its own train station on the Leeds/York route, Crossgates has easy access to the M62/M1/A1, Leeds city centre, north Leeds and the A64 for York.
Our Crossgates branch serves areas including Barwick in Elmet, Colton, Halton, Seacroft, Scholes, Temple Newsam, Thorner and Whitkirk.
- Corpus Christi Catholic College
- Bishop Young Academy
- John Smeaton Academy
- Leeds East Academy
- Temple Moor High School
Pubs & Restaurants
- La Cantina 44, Crossgates - a family-run restaurant serving Mediterranean cuisine.
- Jinnah, Crossgates - an extensive menu offering Indian and Asian cuisine.
- Sorrento, Crossgates - an Italian restaurant that has been serving food for over 15 years.
- The Black Olive, Crossgates - family-run Turkish and Mediterranean restaurant serving lunch and dinner menus.
- The Charles Henry Roe, Crossgates - Wetherspoon pub serving an extensive food menu and drinks.
- The Skyliner, Austhorpe - one of the oldest and most well-known fish shops in Leeds, The Skyliner has been around for over 50 years.
- The Brown Cow, Whitkirk - authentic British cooking and real ales in a genuine local pub.
- Thorpe Park Hotel, Thorpe Park - a seasonal menu prepared with local Yorkshire produce.
- Franco's, Thorpe Park - a family-run business serving Italian food.
- Leisure - Temple Newsam (Tudor mansion set in 1,500 acres of scenic parkland/woodland, plus a Rare Breeds Farm), Roundhay Park (over 700 acres of parkland, woodland and lakes, plus scented gardens for the blind and butterfly gardens known as Tropical World), Crossgates Library (situated on local bus routes, opposite Crossgates Shopping Centre), Thorpe Park Spa (facilities include a swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna and steam room).
- Sporting - John Smeaton Leisure Centre (bodyline gym, swimming pool and sports pitches), PowerLeague (5-a-side football pitches), Scarcroft Golf Club (golf course set in parkland and countryside).
- Shopping - Crossgates Shopping Centre (local businesses including award-winning butchers, grocers and bakers), Seacroft Green Shopping Centre (stores include Tesco Extra, JD Sports and Poundland), Colton Retail Park (stores include Sainsbury's, B&M Home Store and Garden Centre, and Pets at Home) and The Springs, Thorpe Park (cinema, shops and restaurants, including TK Maxx, Next, Boots, M&S Food Hall and Nando's).
Kennerleigh Crescent, Leeds£300,000
*** A RARE OPPORTUNITY * DETACHED BUNGALOW * LARGE PLOT * MODERNISED THROUGHOUT * NO CHAIN *** This detached bungalow (being one of only a handful of detached properties) within this very popular residential estate lies on a large plot which...
Ravensworth Close, LeedsAsking Price, £235,000
*** TWO BEDROOM SEMI-DETACHED BUNGALOW * SUPER MODERN AND IMMACULATE THROUGOUT - SOLD WITH NO ONWARD CHAIN!*** Do not miss out! A bungalow here rarely comes onto the market in such good condition. The property sits at the top of Ravensworth Close...
Field End Close, Halton, Leeds£230,000
***TWO DOUBLE BEDROOM SEMI-DETACHED BUNGALOW - POPULAR LOCATION AND NO CHAIN!*** **** NEW PRICE £230,000, SAVING £5000 ***** Positioned in the popular area of Halton and just a short walk from the...
Kingswear Crescent, Crossgates, Leeds£225,000
*** IMMACULATELY PRESENTED AND MAINTAINED BUNGALOW * SURE TO SELL FAST! *** Close to local amenities this well presented bungalow comes to the market in excellent condition. This particular plot offers generous off-road parking which is rare on...