- EXTENDED FAMILY HOME
- ENVIABLE LARGE PLOT
- DOUBLE DETACHED GARAGE
- THREE RECEPTION ROOMS
- VACANT POSSESSION & NO CHAIN
- CLOSE TO AMENITIES
- Council Tax Band D
- EPC Rating D
***RARE OPPORTUNITY * EXTENDED FAMILY HOME * DOUBLE DETACHED GARAGE * VACANT POSSESSION.*** Positioned within easy reach of Sherburn amenities is this mature detached family home offering excellent living accommodation and space. In need of updating, the property has superb potential and briefly comprises; hall, dining room, extended lounge, garden room and kitchen to the ground floor level. There are three bedrooms and a bathroom to the first floor level. Outside set on a large plot with a drive providing ample parking for several vehicles, a detached double garage and an external WC/washroom. There are lawned gardens to the front and rear with excellent privacy. Offered with no chain and vacant possession. Easy access to motorway networks, Selby, Leeds and York. With South Milford and Sherburn In Elmet train station only minutes away. Call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to arrange your viewing.
PVCu double-glazed entrance door, stairs to the first floor, radiator, doors to the lounge, kitchen and dining room.
Dining Room (3.63m x 3.63m)
PVCu double-glazed bay window to the front aspect, radiator, coving to the ceiling and a fireplace with a gas fire.
Lounge (7.64m x 3.45m)
PVCu double-glazed bay window to the front aspect, two radiators, fireplace with a gas fire, coving to the ceiling and patio doors to the garden room.
Garden Room (4.29m x 4.90m)
PVCu double-glazed windows to the rear and side aspects, tiled flooring, radiator and patio doors to the side.
Kitchen (3.30m x 4.32m)
Having a range of units with co-ordinating work surfaces and splashback tiling, one and half bowl sink and drainer, integrated double oven, gas hob with concealed extractor, unit with fridge/freezer space, breakfast bar, tiled floor, radiator, PVCu double-glazed window to the rear aspect and a side entrance door.
PVCu double-glazed windows to the front and rear/side aspects, radiator, coving to the ceiling and doors to rooms.
Bedroom 1 (3.66m x 3.07m)
Fitted wardrobes, PVCu double-glazed window to the front aspect with a radiator beneath and coving to the ceiling.
Bedroom 2 (3.66m x 3.51m)
PVCu double-glazed window to front aspect with a radiator beneath, coving to the ceiling and fitted wardrobes.
Bedroom 3 (3.33m x 2.34m)
PVCu double-glazed window to the rear aspect with a radiator beneath, fitted furniture, coving to the ceiling and a loft hatch.
Fully tiled walls comprising; straight panelled bath with shower mixer tap, push flush WC and a pedestal wash hand basin. PVCu double-glazed frosted window, down lighters to a panelled ceiling and a radiator.
Having a push flush WC, wash hand basin, two tiled walls, tiled floor and plumbing for a washing machine.
To the front is a lawn with privacy hedge to the boundary, a wrought-iron gate accessing the large tarmacadam drive which gives parking for several vehicles and leads onto the detached double garage which has one electric up-and-over door and one manual up-and-over door. The rear has a flagged patio and ramp leading down to a private lawned garden which is of a good size.
Sherburn in Elmet is a popular small town situated between Leeds and York.
Having plenty of local amenities, making it an ideal destination for families and older generations. Sherburn has easy access to the motorway network (A1/M1/M62), as well as close proximity to local railway stations including South Milford and Church Fenton.
Our Sherburn branch serves areas including Barkston Ash, Burton Salmon, Church Fenton, Hillam, Monk Fryston, Saxton, Selby and South Milford.
- Sherburn High School
- Selby High School
- Selby College
- Tadcaster Grammar School
- Brayton Academy
- Garforth Academy
- Sherburn Hungate Primary School
- Athelstan Primary School
- South Milford Primary School
- Barkston Ash Catholic Primary School
Pubs & Restaurants
- Cumin Lounge, South Milford - Indian restaurant serving authentic dishes using traditional herbs and spices.
- The Rockingham Arms, Towton - family-run pub offering classic dishes using local ingredients.
- Elmet Kitchen, Sherburn in Elmet - freshly prepared authentic Bengal cuisine, using locally sourced produce.
- Saffron, Sherburn in Elmet - authentic Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine available to eat in or take away.
- The Crooked Billet, Saxton - serves breakfast in the morning and traditional pub grub in the evening - it is also the home of the giant Yorkshire pudding.
- The Castle Inn, Cawood - a pub serving traditional meals, light bites or buffets for parties. Features a touring caravan park.
- Sherburn Community Trust - offers library, tea room and village support network
- Fields Garden Centre and Kitchen
- The Motorist Garage & Workshop and The Arnage Restaurant
- Plus, there are lots of local pubs in and near the village serving food, as well as several takeaways.
- Leisure – Brayton Barff (an ancient woodland), Skipwith Common (a nature reserve comprising 500 acres of lowland heath, with three waymarked trails), Stillingfeet Lodge Gardens (quintessentially English garden all managed to be as wildlife friendly as possible).
- History – Selby Abbey (1,000 year old abbey with iconic architecture, sacred space and a vibrant worshipping community), Towton Battlefield (historic location with places to walk), Lotherton Hall (country estate comprising a country house, Edwardian gardens, woodland walks and a bird garden).
- Sporting – Fitness Motion (gym, fitness classes and personal trainers), Everyman Racing (bespoke driving experiences, cars include Formula 1 Grand Prix, Ferrari, McLaren and more), Sherburn Aero Club (an airfield and flying club where you can learn to fly or admire the skills of a pilot), many local sports clubs and activities.
- Shopping – Sherburn centre (local, family-run businesses including bakers, butchers, DIY stores and more), York centre (hop on the train and enjoy York’s history, shops, bars and restaurants), Designer Outlet (indoor shopping centre on the outskirts of York), Leeds centre (catch a train to take advantage of the wide range of shops, bars and restaurants), Xscape (leisure complex near Castleford with shops, bars, restaurants, cinemas, a snow slope and a bowling alley).
Market your property
with Emsleys Estate Agents
Book a market appraisal for your property today. Our virtual options are still available if you prefer.
Rydal Avenue, LeedsGuide Price, £350,000
*** INCREDIBLE RARE PLOT * DETACHED DOUBLE GARAGE * LARGE ACCOMMODATION * NO CHAIN.*** Guide price £350,000 - £375,000. Set within easy reach of Garforth amenities is this delightful true bungalow which larger than most comparative...
Parlington Villas, Aberford, LeedsGuide Price, £350,000
***STUNNING FAMILY HOME * MUST BE SEEN * ENVIABLE LOCATION & POSITION * DECEPTIVELY LARGE.*** Guide price £350,000 - £365,000. A delightful well appointed family home set in a sought after location and briefly comprising; front porch,...
Bartlett Way, Sherburn In Elmet, Leeds£345,000
***LARGE FAMILY HOME * SOLAR PANELS WITH INCOME * POPULAR LOCATION * CLOSE TO AMENITIES *** Price was originally £355,000, Now £345,000, Saving £10,000 *** Set on a sought after residential estate within easy access of amenities in...
Foster Walk, Sherburn In Elmet, LeedsGuide Price, £340,000
***RARE OPPORTUNITY * ENVIABLE CUL-DE-SAC LOCATION * LARGE PLOT & ACCOMMODATION.*** Guide Price £340,000. Set within easy reach of amenities is this extra large true bungalow. Well presented throughout and briefly comprising; hall, 'L'-shaped...
Moorland Road, Sherburn In Elmet, Leeds£270,000
***STUNNING THROUGHOUT * UPDATED KITCHEN AND BATHROOMS * GARAGE & DRIVE.*** This superb three bedroom end townhouse offers beautifully presented, spacious family style living accommodation of around 1000 sq. ft. over three floors in a...
Montague Crescent, Garforth, Leeds£265,000
***EXTENDED FAMILY HOME * POPULAR LOCATION * VACANT POSSESSION. *** Set within easy reach of Garforth amenities. motorway networks and train station is this tastefully extended family home. Briefly comprising: hall, open-plan lounge/diner and...
Goodwood Avenue, Kippax, Leeds£255,000
*** EXTENDED THREE BEDROOM SEMI-DETACHED HOUSE * NO CHAIN! * OPEN-PLAN LOUNGE WITH WOOD BURNING STOVE * DINING/KITCHEN WITH BUILT-IN HOB & OVEN * SUN ROOM/SITTING ROOM * FAMILY BATHROOM * LANDSCAPED LOW MAINTENANCE REAR GARDEN * INSULATED...
Valley Ridge, Kippax, Leeds£240,000
***EXTENDED FAMILY HOME * WELL PRESENTED THROUGHOUT * NO CHAIN * EN-SUITE. *** This impressive home is situated in the sought after location of Kippax. The current owner has tastefully extended and modernised this home to a high standard...
Fosse Way, Garforth, LeedsOffers Over, £240,000
*** EXTENDED THREE BEDROOM SEMI-DETACHED PROPERTY * NO CHAIN! * CONSERVATORY TO THE REAR * DINING/KITCHEN WITH BUILT-IN HOB AND OVEN * GARAGE AND AMPLE OFF-ROAD PARKING *** Conveniently located within a short distance of the local train station,...