- Detached bungalow
- Very popular location
- Three double bedrooms
- Master with en-suite
- Uiltility room
- Garage & off-road parking
- Council tax band E
- EPC rating D
*** SPACIOUS DETACHED BUNGALOW * TUCKED AWAY LOCATION * RARE TO THE MARKET! *** Beck Meadow is an exclusive cul-de-sac located on the edge of the ever popular village of Barwick in Elmet located to the east side of Leeds. The property has had one owner from new, having been built in the late 1980's. The bungalow offers well proportioned rooms and would suit buyers wanting to downsize to one level without compromising on rooms and facilities such as utility rooms and en-suite bathrooms. Benefiting from gas central heating and wood grain effect PVCu double-glazing throughout, you must view this bungalow to appreciate its size and potential. The accommodation briefly comprises;- entrance hall, living room, dining room, ,kitchen, utility room, master bedroom with an en-suite shower room, two further double bedrooms and a house bathroom. Outside there is a driveway leading to the integral garage, an open-plan garden to the front and an enclosed private garden to the rear. Barwick-in-Elmet is located to the east of Leeds with local amenities including shops, Post Office, Public Houses and the historic Maypole. Local amenities include the shopping facilities of Garforth, The Springs retail and leisure complex, Sainsbury's Retail Park in Colton and Crossgates which has a shopping centre, banks and a local railway station providing easy access to Leeds city centre. *** Call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to arrange your viewing ***
Enter the property through a PVCu double-glazed entry door to a large and welcoming hallway which has a central heating radiator and two cloaks storage cupboards.
Living Room (3.65m x 5.26m)
The spacious lounge has a feature fireplace incorporating a living flame coal effect gas fire and marble hearth. Central heating radiator and a PVCu leaded double-glazed window overlooking the front garden.
Dining Room (3.35m x 2.82m)
A formal dining room or second sitting room offering a central heating radiator and sliding patio doors giving direct access to the rear garden. A door leads to;-
Kitchen (2.97m x 3.58m)
The kitchen is fitted with a good range of white wall and base units with laminate work tops over. A stainless steel sink with a side drainer and mixer tap sits in front of the double-glazed window which overlooks the rear garden. Integrated cooking appliances include an eye-level double oven and a four burner gas hob with extractor hood over. Space for a tall fridge/freezer and additional under counter space for extra appliances if required.
Utility Room (1.73m x 2.44m)
Accessed through the kitchen, the utility room offers a plumbed space for a washing machine, a sink unit with storage cupboards below, radiator and a wall mounted central heating boiler. Access door to the integral garage and a PVCu double-glazed window and door open onto the rear garden.
Master Bedroom (4.45m x 3.05m)
A spacious master bedroom with fitted, sliding door wardrobes to one wall. Central heating radiator and a double-glazed window overlooking the front garden. A door opens to:-
En-suite Shower Room
The en-suite offers a walk-in shower cubicle with shower, a hand wash basin set into a vanity storage unit, bidet and a close coupled WC. There is a window placed to the side elevation and a central heating radiator.
Bedroom 2 (4.19m x 2.97m)
A second double bedroom with a central heating radiator and a double-glazed window overlooking the rear garden.
Bedroom 3 (3.53m x 2.31m)
A third double bedroom with a double-glazed window to the front and a central heating radiator.
The bathroom is fully tiled and offers a panelled bath with mixer tap shower attachment, a pedestal hand wash basin and a close coupled WC. There is a central heating radiator and a double-glazed window placed to the side elevation. A fixture storage cupboard houses a hot water cylinder and provides storage for linens and towels.
To the front of the property a driveway offers off-road parking and leads to the integrated garage which has an up-and-over door, power and light. The front garden offers a lawn with flower bed borders stocked with shrubs. Both sides of the bungalow are enclosed and there is access to the rear via a timber gate to one side. The rear garden is of a good size with a high degree of privacy ( having the benefit of not being overlooked) and has a patio seating area, lawn and raised flowerbeds.
From the Crossgates office, proceed along Austhorpe Road, passing Manston Park. At the painted roundabout, turn left onto Pendas Way. Proceed to the end of the road, and turn right onto Barwick Road and then onto Leeds Road. At the T-junction, turn right and continue onto Leeds Road. Approach the village of Barwick In Elmet, and turn right onto Long Lane. Take the first left onto Richmondfield Lane and continue to the end turning right into Beck Meadow and right again where the property can be found on the right hand side and indicated by the Emsleys For Sale board.
Crossgates is a bustling community with a busy high street, including Crossgates Shopping Centre.
Residents are a mixture of all age groups, with many having lived in the area for a long time. Positioned on an excellent bus route, with its own train station on the Leeds/York route, Crossgates has easy access to the M62/M1/A1, Leeds city centre, north Leeds and the A64 for York.
Our Crossgates branch serves areas including Barwick in Elmet, Colton, Halton, Seacroft, Scholes, Temple Newsam, Thorner and Whitkirk.
- Corpus Christi Catholic College
- John Smeaton Academy
- Leeds East Academy
- Temple Moor High School
- Boston Spa Academy
Pubs & Restaurants
- La Cantina 44, Crossgates - a family-run restaurant serving Mediterranean cuisine.
- Jinnah, Crossgates - an extensive menu offering Indian and Asian cuisine.
- Sorrento, Crossgates - an Italian restaurant that has been serving food for over 15 years.
- The Black Olive, Crossgates - family-run Turkish and Mediterranean restaurant serving lunch and dinner menus.
- The Charles Henry Roe, Crossgates - Wetherspoon pub serving an extensive food menu and drinks.
- The Skyliner, Austhorpe - one of the oldest and most well-known fish shops in Leeds, The Skyliner has been around for over 50 years.
- The Brown Cow, Whitkirk - authentic British cooking and real ales in a genuine local pub.
- Thorpe Park Hotel, Thorpe Park - a seasonal menu prepared with local Yorkshire produce.
- Franco's, Thorpe Park - a family-run business serving Italian food.
- Leisure - Temple Newsam (Tudor mansion set in 1,500 acres of scenic parkland/woodland, plus a Rare Breeds Farm), Roundhay Park (over 700 acres of parkland, woodland and lakes, plus scented gardens for the blind and butterfly gardens known as Tropical World), Crossgates Library (situated on local bus routes, opposite Crossgates Shopping Centre), Thorpe Park Spa (facilities include a swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna and steam room).
- Sporting - John Smeaton Leisure Centre (bodyline gym, swimming pool and sports pitches), PowerLeague (5-a-side football pitches), Scarcroft Golf Club (golf course set in parkland and countryside).
- Shopping - Crossgates Shopping Centre (local businesses including award-winning butchers, grocers and bakers), Seacroft Green Shopping Centre (stores include Tesco Extra, JD Sports and Poundland), Colton Retail Park (stores include Sainsbury's, B&M Home Store and Garden Centre, and Pets at Home) and The Springs, Thorpe Park (cinema, shops and restaurants, including TK Maxx, Next, Boots, M&S Food Hall and Nando's).
Spur Drive, Leeds£400,000
Welcome to this immaculate detached property, perfect for families, situated in a desirable location that offers excellent public transport links, nearby schools, local amenities, and green spaces. Upon entering the property, you will immediately...
Templenewsam View, Leeds£399,995
***SOUGHT AFTER 'TUCKED AWAY' LOCATION * ADJACENT TO TEMPLNEWSAM COUNTRY ESTATE * SOLD WITH NO CHAIN * LARGE DRIVEWAY & GARAGE *** This one is not to be missed! A well maintained and presented traditional family home! Set in a 'no through road...
The Boyle, Barwick In Elmet, Leeds£385,000
*** GORGEOUS 19TH CENTURY CHARACTER COTTAGE SET IN THE HEART OF BARWICK IN ELMET WITH A LOVELY ASPECT*** WAS £395,000 REDUCED TO £385,000 A rare opportunity! Having been sympathetically extended and renovated, this gorgeous character...
*** EXTENDED & MODERNISED FAMILY HOME WITH AN OPEN-PLAN KITCHEN/DINER AND FABULOUS BATHROOM*** Located within walking distance of Temple Newsam Country Park, this immaculate semi-detached property offers the perfect setting for families seeking a...
Kingswear Crescent, Leeds£325,000
*** EXTENDED SEMI-DETACHED HOUSE * THREE DOUBLE BEDROOMS * EN-SUITE * OPEN-PLAN KITCHEN*** Emsleys are delighted to offer for sale this extended well presented family home. Situated in the ever popular district of Whitkirk the house benefits from...
Ravensworth Close, Pendas Fields, Leeds£325,000
*** THREE BEDROOM DETACHED BUNGALOW * IN NEED OF MODERNISATION BUT VERY WELL MAINTAINED * NO ONWARD CHAIN*** Placed at the head of a cul-de-sac in the ever popular Pendas Fields, this spacious bungalow offers well maintained accommodation with...