We’re offering 'contactless' options for buying, selling, renting and letting a property to help you move during this difficult time.
- Video valuations – book a valuation online and our team will arrange a video call to value your home. If preferred, you can take a video of your property for us to review. Please contact us to discuss your options.
- Video viewings – we’re now offering sellers and landlords the option of self-filming a video tour for their property. All you need is a mobile phone or other smart device – please ask for instructions. Finished video viewings will be posted on our YouTube channel, with the option for videos to be made available via link only (and not public).
- E-signatures* – you can sign paperwork with an electronic signature from the comfort of your home, so there’s no need for face-to-face meetings or returning documents by post.
- Identification – if you’re a tenant, we are required to check your ID for Right to Rent checks. We will ask you to email your ID in the first instance and show the originals at check in. If you’re a landlord, we’ll ask for your ID and ownership documents via email. If you’re a buyer or a seller, we will ask you to email a copy of your ID. We may need to arrange a video call with you to check your ID – our team will be able to advise you.
- Property Passport – if you’re renting, you can set up a free Property Passport to speed up the process and increase your chances of securing a rental property. Find out more.
*Sales only. We’re working to introduce e-signatures for our Lettings team, but in the meantime documents can be signed and returned to us via email (by scanning or photographing the signed document).
Can I make an offer on a property without seeing it in person?
Yes. Although we usually recommend viewing a property before making an offer, you may prefer not to view a property in person due to the pandemic. If you’re interested in a property and you’d like the seller to consider an offer, please contact our team. Video viewings are now an option for all sellers – our team will be able to advise you if one is available for the property you like.
How do I find a video viewing for the property I’m interested in?
I want to put my home on the market with Emsleys. Who will take the photos?
Under the current measures we can visit your home to take photos. If you'd prefer to take your own photos, we will guide you through the process of photographing your own home – contact our team for more details.