‘Emsleys Estate Agents’ is a trading name of Emsleys Estate Agents Limited.
- We are a company registered in England & Wales and our registered number is 08699665
- Our registered office is Colton Mill, Bullerthorpe Lane, Leeds, LS15 9JN
- Our VAT number is 183 3923 91
- We are members of The Property Ombudsman Service which provides a complaints and redress service. We follow their Sales Code of Practice and Lettings Code of Practice, which can be viewed at www.tpos.co.uk
- We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office
We will only use your data for the reasons set out in the General Data Protection Regulation 2016, including:
- Contractual obligations to comply with our contracts e.g. to market your property
- Consent where we have received your consent to process your data e.g. where you tick a box to receive email newsletters
- Legal compliance where the law requires us to process your data e.g. passing on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity to law enforcement
- Legitimate interest to pursue our interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests e.g. where we send you market updates for your area or where we use your data for statistical analysis for the purpose of enhancing our services
When we collect your personal data
- When you visit any of our website. See section “Cookies”
- When you instruct us to provide a service and throughout the transaction
- When you telephone our office or email us
- When you complete a feedback survey
- When you engage with us on social media
- When you join the Emsleys Rewards scheme
- When you permit a third party (e.g. conveyancers, relatives) to share with us the information they hold about you
- We collect data from publicly available sources (such as Land Registry) when you have given your consent to share information or where the information is made public as a matter of law
The data we collect
- We will only collect the data required to fulfil our contractual and legal obligations in connection with the service we provide. This will include copies of documents you provide to prove your age or identity where the law requires this
- Your marketing preferences together with contact details
- Payment card information
- Your feedback survey reviews
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels
- Technical information about your internet connection and browser as well as the country and telephone code where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit, the webpages you clicked on, and any search terms you entered
What we won't do with your personal data
We will not sell or disclose your personal details to any third parties, except:
- When required to do so by law
- In response to a valid legal request by a law enforcement officer or government agency
- When you have given your consent
How long will we keep your personal data?
- We’ll retain your data for 6 years after completion of the transaction.
- At the end of the retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised e.g. by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning
Who do we share your personal data with?
We will share your personal data with:
- Third parties where necessary to fulfil your instructions in relation to the legal service we are providing to you
- Trusted third parties for the purpose of fulfilling your instructions e.g. IT companies who support our website or other business systems
- Our regulators
For further information please contact our Directors by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are your rights over your personal data?
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge (sometimes called a Subject Access Request).
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific methods or all methods).
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
You can contact us to request to exercise these rights at any time as follows:
Jared Thomas, Director, Emsleys Estate Agents Limited, 6 Main Street, Garforth, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS25 1EZ or email email@example.com. If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
How can you stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing?
There are several ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
- Complete the Contact Form on our website
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 0113 264 4414
- Write to Jared Thomas, Director, Emsleys Estate Agents Limited, 6 Main Street, Garforth, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS25 1EZ
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
Questions regarding handling of your data
If you have any questions relating to the security and use of your data that haven’t been covered by this Notice, please contact Jared Thomas, Director who will be pleased to help you by emailing us at email@example.com or writing to him at 6 Main Street, Garforth, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS25 1EZ
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113 or by visiting the website www.ico.org.uk/concerns
If you believe any information on this site is inaccurate or have any suggestions on how the content of this site could be improved please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any comments or concerns regarding our services, you can contact us at email@example.com. Further information about complaints and redress services is available from the Property Ombudsman (www.tpos.co.uk) or, if you have purchased services from us online, you can consult the European Commission’s website (https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr).
Jurisdiction for use
This site is intended for use only by those who can access it from within the UK.
This site is governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this site shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
We will update the content of this notice from time to time. Please ensure that you visit this page regularly and refresh your browser to ensure your information is up to date.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your computer is virus protected. Emsleys Estate Agents Ltd accepts no responsibility for any loss you may suffer as a result of accessing or downloading information from this site.
Accuracy and validity of information
Whilst we take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information contained within these pages is accurate and up-to-date, it is nonetheless supplied on an "as is" basis and accordingly we do not accept any liability for any errors or omissions. If you are in any doubt as to the validity of information made available within these pages, we recommend you seek verification by contacting us.
Whilst we take all reasonable steps to ensure this website is always accessible we will not be held liable if, for any reason, the website is unavailable for any period. We may also have to suspend access to the website for routine or emergency updates and maintenance but we will endeavour to keep any disruption to a minimum. In addition we cannot warrant that this website will be free of viruses or defects of any description and we will not be held responsible for any technical problems you may suffer as a result of your use of this website.
Third Party websites
This website may also contain hypertext links to websites operated by third parties. The responsibility for the operation and content of those websites shall rest solely with the organisation identified as controlling the third party website and will be governed by separate terms and conditions. Links are provided for convenience and inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement in any way of the site to which it links. We accept no responsibility or liability for the contents of any linked website.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.
We use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Content Management System (CMS)
Our website is built in a CMS, cookies are essential to determine whether a user is a guest, or, an admin.
Cookies set by our CMS: EMSLEYSSESS
This website uses Hotjar to to help analyse how users use the site.
For more info about Hotjar privacy please visit: https://www.hotjar.com/privacy
You can opt out of Hotjar tracking by visiting: https://www.hotjar.com/opt-out
Cookies set by Hotjar _hjIncludedInSample