- STUNNING LOCATION
- BEAUTIFUL THROUGHOUT
- FAMILY HOME WITH ANNEXE
- SET ON APPROX. 1/4 ACRE PLOT
- DOUBLE GARAGE & WORKSHOP
- SURROUNDED BY COUNTRYSIDE
- EASY ACCESS TO AMENITIES & MOTORWAY LINKS
- EPC Rating E
- Council Tax Band E
*** STUNNING VILLAGE LOCATION * COUNTRYSIDE VIEWS * FAMILY HOME WITH ANNEXE.*** A rare opportunity has arisen to purchase this attractive Yorkshire Stone built home which is surrounded by stunning countryside views, in one of the most idyllic settings locally there is to offer and set on just over a 1/4 acre plot. Having electric sweeping gates with a walled boundary to two sides and sweeping driveway providing ample parking and leading up to the property and double garage. The property offers flexible living with two sections. A spacious home and a one bedroom fully functional Annexe flat. The main property briefly comprises: a modernised entrance hall with doors leading to the downstairs modern WC, 29 ft lounge and kitchen/diner having a newly fitted modern kitchen opening to a dining area. From the kitchen/diner there is also a utility area and study. The first floor comprises three generous sized bedrooms and a modern four piece bath/shower room. The Annexe can be accessed via the main house in between the dining area and utility with a front entrance door but there is also has a private external entrance leading to this first floor apartment. The open feel of this apartment with dual aspect windows over the countryside provides space and light to this attractive addition. The spacious lounge opens to a study landing, door to a double bedroom and a four piece bath/shower room, plus a modern fitted breakfast kitchen, again with outstanding hillside views. Outside, because of the position, the property benefits from stunning views all around. The garden is laid mainly with a lawn to the front and a side seating area, ensuring privacy. Having a large integral double garage and workshop giving ample versatility to most potential buyers. Within easy access of amenities and motorway links. Call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to arrange your viewing.
Composite entrance door, stairs to the first floor, radiator, PVCu double-glazed windows to the front and side aspects, door to the lounge and a door to the WC.
Modern, hidden cistern push flush WC, hand wash basin with mixer tap, tiled floor, radiator and a window to the side aspect.
Kitchen/Diner (2.44m x 7.57m)
Fitted with a range of wall and base units with co-ordinating work surfaces. Stainless steel sink and drainer with mixer tap, four ring induction hob and double oven, integrated microwave, fridge/freezer and a dishwasher. Down lighters to the ceiling, radiator, two PVCu double-glazed windows to the front aspect and doors to the hall and garage.
Lounge (4.22m x 8.84m)
Stone fireplace with a multi-fuel burner, exposed beams to the ceiling, two radiators and two sliding doors and an access door to the conservatory.
Conservatory (2.95m x 6.83m)
Outstanding country views with a door to the side.
Composite door to the front. Stairs to the first floor annexe with a white banister, radiator and a door to the kitchen/diner and utility.
Utility (2.34m x 1.52m)
Fitted with wall and base units, work surfaces, down lighters, PVCu double-glazed window to the front aspect and a door to the study.
Study (2.44m x 2.33m)
Water tank store, radiator, tiled floor, down lighters and a PVCu double-glazed window to the side aspect.
Electric up-and-over door, power and lighting, workshop to the side, window and personal door.
Storage cupboard, wood flooring, PVCu double-glazed window to the front aspect and doors leading to the bedrooms and house bathroom.
Bedroom (4.22m x 4.22m)
Fitted wardrobes inset to the alcove, radiator and a PVCu double-glazed window to the rear aspect with outstanding countryside views.
Bedroom (4.22m x 3.61m)
Radiator, hatch to the loft and a PVCu double-glazed window to the rear with countryside views.
Bedroom (2.59m x 2.77m)
PVCu double glazed windows to the front and side aspects and a radiator.
Comprising a four piece suite with a straight panelled bath, wet area with a 'rain head' shower, vanity unit with wash hand basin and a low level push flush WC. Built-in linen cupboard, heated towel rail, tiled floor, downlighters, extractor and a PVCu double-glazed frosted window.
Annexe Lounge (4.03m x 4.85m)
Wood flooring, TV Point, radiator, PVCu double-glazed window to the rear aspect with stunning views and doors to the bedroom, bathroom and kitchen.
Annexe Kitchen (5.74m x 2.06m)
Fitted with a range of wall and base units with complementary work surfaces and a ceramic sink unit and drainer with mixer tap. 'Lamona' 4 ring induction hob, extractor hood, built-in single oven, integrated washing machine, tumble dryer, fridge/freezer and dishwasher. Tiled floor, radiator and PVCu double-glazed windows to the front, side and rear aspects.
Annexe Bedroom (3.86m x 3.58m)
Fitted wardrobes with sliding doors, wood flooring, radiator and PVCu double-glazed window to the front aspect with countryside views.
A four piece suite with a 'jet spa' bath, a wet area with a 'rain fall' shower head, vanity unit with a wash hand basin and a low level push flush WC. Built-in linen cupboard and a heated towel rail.
Because of the position, the property benefits from stunning views all around. The garden is laid mainly with lawn to the front with a side seating area, ensuring privacy. A purpose built storage unit is enclosed by a walled pen at the top of the garden, this is useful for those who work from home for storage. Accessed by electric gates with Yorkshire stone wall boundaries, 3 outside water taps a long drive way and parking for multiple cars.
Sherburn in Elmet is a popular small town situated between Leeds and York.
Having plenty of local amenities, making it an ideal destination for families and older generations. Sherburn has easy access to the motorway network (A1/M1/M62), as well as close proximity to local railway stations including South Milford and Church Fenton.
Our Sherburn branch serves areas including Barkston Ash, Burton Salmon, Church Fenton, Hillam, Monk Fryston, Saxton, Selby and South Milford.
- Sherburn High School
- Selby High School
- Selby College
- Tadcaster Grammar School
- Brayton Academy
- Garforth Academy
- Sherburn Hungate Primary School
- Athelstan Primary School
- South Milford Primary School
- Barkston Ash Catholic Primary School
Pubs & Restaurants
- Cumin Lounge, South Milford - Indian restaurant serving authentic dishes using traditional herbs and spices.
- The Rockingham Arms, Towton - family-run pub offering classic dishes using local ingredients.
- Elmet Kitchen, Sherburn in Elmet - freshly prepared authentic Bengal cuisine, using locally sourced produce.
- Saffron, Sherburn in Elmet - authentic Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine available to eat in or take away.
- The Crooked Billet, Saxton - serves breakfast in the morning and traditional pub grub in the evening - it is also the home of the giant Yorkshire pudding.
- The Castle Inn, Cawood - a pub serving traditional meals, light bites or buffets for parties. Features a touring caravan park.
- Sherburn Community Trust - offers library, tea room and village support network
- Fields Garden Centre and Kitchen
- The Motorist Garage & Workshop and The Arnage Restaurant
- Plus, there are lots of local pubs in and near the village serving food, as well as several takeaways.
- Leisure – Brayton Barff (an ancient woodland), Skipwith Common (a nature reserve comprising 500 acres of lowland heath, with three waymarked trails), Stillingfeet Lodge Gardens (quintessentially English garden all managed to be as wildlife friendly as possible).
- History – Selby Abbey (1,000 year old abbey with iconic architecture, sacred space and a vibrant worshipping community), Towton Battlefield (historic location with places to walk), Lotherton Hall (country estate comprising a country house, Edwardian gardens, woodland walks and a bird garden).
- Sporting – Fitness Motion (gym, fitness classes and personal trainers), Everyman Racing (bespoke driving experiences, cars include Formula 1 Grand Prix, Ferrari, McLaren and more), Sherburn Aero Club (an airfield and flying club where you can learn to fly or admire the skills of a pilot), many local sports clubs and activities.
- Shopping – Sherburn centre (local, family-run businesses including bakers, butchers, DIY stores and more), York centre (hop on the train and enjoy York’s history, shops, bars and restaurants), Designer Outlet (indoor shopping centre on the outskirts of York), Leeds centre (catch a train to take advantage of the wide range of shops, bars and restaurants), Xscape (leisure complex near Castleford with shops, bars, restaurants, cinemas, a snow slope and a bowling alley).
Market your property
with Emsleys Estate Agents
Book a market appraisal for your property today. Our virtual options are still available if you prefer.