Crossgates is a bustling community with a busy high street, including Crossgates Shopping Centre. Residents are a mixture of all age groups, with many having lived in the area for a long time. Positioned on an excellent bus route, with its own train station on the Leeds/York route, Crossgates has easy access to the M62/M1/A1, Leeds City Centre, north Leeds and the A64 for York.
Our Crossgates branch serves areas including Barwick in Elmet, Colton, Halton, Seacroft, Scholes, Temple Newsam, Thorner and Whitkirk.
- Corpus Christi Catholic College
- David Young Academy
- John Smeaton Academy
- Leeds East Academy
- Temple Moor High School Science College
Pubs & Restaurants
- La Cantina 44, Crossgates – a family-run restaurant serving Mediterranean cuisine.
- Jinnah, Crossgates – an extensive menu offering Indian and Asian cuisine.
- Sorrento, Crossgates – an Italian restaurant that has been serving food for over 15 years.
- The Skyliner, Austhorpe – one of the oldest and most well-known fish shops in Leeds, The Skyliner has been around for over 50 years.
- The Brown Cow, Whitkirk – authentic British cooking and real ales in a genuine local pub.
- Thorpe Park Restaurant & Bar, Thorpe Park – a seasonal menu prepared with local Yorkshire produce.
- Franco’s, Thorpe Park – a family-run business serving Italian food.
- Leisure – Temple Newsam (Tudor mansion set in 1,500 acres of scenic parkland/woodland, plus a Rare Breeds Farm), Roundhay Park (over 700 acres of parkland, woodland and lakes, plus scented gardens for the blind and butterfly gardens known as Tropical World), Crossgates Library (situated on local bus routes, opposite Crossgates Shopping Centre), Thorpe Park Spa (facilities include a swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna and steam room).
- Sporting – John Smeaton Leisure Centre (bodyline gym, swimming pool and sports
pitches), PowerLeague (5-a-side football pitches), Scarcroft Golf Club (golf course set in parkland and countryside).
- Shopping – Crossgates Shopping Centre (local businesses including award-winning
butchers, grocers and bakers), Seacroft Green Shopping Centre (stores include Tesco Extra, JD Sports and Poundland) Colton Retail Park (stores include Sainsbury’s, Boots, Next and Pets at Home).