We are Emsleys Estate Agents Limited with registered number 08699665 and address Colton Mill, Bullerthorpe Lane, Leeds, LS15 9JN.. Our Data Protection Lead can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have produced this privacy notice in order to keep you informed of how we handle your personal data. All handling of your personal data is done in compliance with the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ("Data Protection Legislation"). The terms "Personal Data", "Special Categories of Personal Data", "Personal Data Breach", "Data Protection Officer", "Data Controller", "Data Processor", "Data Subject" and "process" (in the context of usage of Personal Data) shall have the meanings given to them in the Data Protection Legislation. "Data Protection Lead" is the title given to the member of staff leading our data protection compliance programme in lieu of a requirement for a Data Protection Officer.
What are your rights?
When reading this notice, it might be helpful to understand that your rights arising under Data Protection Legislation include:
- The right to be informed of how your Personal Data is used (through this notice);
- The right to access any personal data held about you;
- The right to withdraw consent at any time, by emailing email@example.com;
- The right to rectify any inaccurate or incomplete personal data held about you;
- The right to erasure where it cannot be justified that the information held satisfies any of the criteria outlined in this policy, or where you have withdrawn consent;
- The right to prevent processing for direct marketing purposes, scientific/historical research or in any such way that is likely to cause substantial damage to you or another, including through profile building; and
- The right to object to processing that results in decisions being made about you by automated processes and prevent those decisions being enacted.
You can exercise your right to access personal data held about you by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: "Subject Access Request". When you submit a 'subject access request', you will need to provide confirmation of your identity by including a photocopy of your driver’s license or passport. This service is provided free of charge and our response will be made within thirty (30) days, unless our Data Protection Lead deems your request as being excessive or unfounded. If this is the case, we will inform you of our reasonable administration costs in advance and/or any associated delays, giving you the opportunity to choose whether you would like to pursue your request. If you believe we have made a mistake in evaluating your request, please see the section 'Who can you complain to?'.
If you have questions about any of the rights mentioned in this section, please contact our Data Protection Lead at email@example.com.
Who is the Data Controller?
- If we have collected your personal data directly from you for our own purposes, we are the Data Controller.
- If we have purchased your personal data from a third-party for our own purposes, we are the Data Controller. Where we have purchased your personal data, we will contact you to let you know before we first start to use it, or, at the latest, within one month of acquiring it.
- If we have been passed your personal data from a third-party for our own purposes, we are the Data Controller. We will contact you to let you know before we first start to use it, or, at the latest, within one month of acquiring it.
- If we have been passed your personal data from a third-party for a joint purpose that we both influence, we are the joint Data Controller. We will contact you to let you know before we first start to use your data, or, at the latest, within one month of acquiring it.
- If your data has been passed to us by a third party for processing under their instruction, that third party is the Data Controller. They should have notified you that they would be passing your personal data to us, Emsleys Estate Agents Limited, at the time they collected your data and within their own privacy notices/standards. For a list of Data Controllers that we process personal data for, the section below ‘Third Party Interests’.
- If we have received your personal data as part of a business to business relationship, the Data Controller is your employer.
What are the lawful bases for processing personal data?
Under Data Protection Legislation, there must be a ‘lawful basis’ for the use of personal data. The lawful bases are :
- a) 'your consent';
- b) 'performance of a contract';
- c) 'compliance with a legal obligation';
- d) 'protection of your, or another’s vital interests';
- e) 'public interest/official authority'; and
- f) 'our legitimate interests'.
What are our 'legitimate interests'?
Legitimate interests are a flexible basis upon which the law permits the processing of an individual's personal data. To determine whether we have a legitimate interest in processing your data, we balance the needs and benefits to us against the risks and benefits for you of us processing your data. This balancing is performed as objectively as possible by our Data Protection Lead. You are able to object to our processing and we shall consider the extent to which this affects whether we have a legitimate interest.
About our processing of your data
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
|Reference||What categories of information about you do we process?||Why are we processing your data?||Where did we get your personal data from?|
||Direct marketing to former, current and prospective clients. This processing is conducted lawfully on the basis of 'our legitimate interests'.||Directly obtained or by referral from existing clients/partners/suppliers.|
||To understand how you use our website, how you reached us and how long you spend on our website, in order to analyse our performance and improve our service. This processing is conducted lawfully on the basis of 'our legitimate interests'.||Directly obtained or indirectly obtained through a client's website (notice given at the point of collection).|
||To combat fraud, we share information of clients who instruct the payment issuer to cancel payments to us without first informing us of why and/or allowing us the opportunity to issue a refund with credit reference agencies. This processing is conducted lawfully on the basis of 'protection of your, or another's vital interests'.||Directly obtained or indirectly obtained through a client's website (notice given at the point of collection).|
||When you send us information about you by posting on a forum or blog, we will store this information in order to make it available for viewing on the website. You consent is obtained at the time of posting and via reference to this notice. This processing is conducted lawfully on the basis of 'your consent'.||Directly obtained or indirectly obtained through a client's website (notice given at the point of collection).|
||We might record calls for training and/or auditing purposes. We also collect Calling Line Identification information. This is used to help improve the efficiency and accountability of our customer services. This processing is conducted lawfully on the basis of 'our legitimate interests'.||Directly obtained.|
|Email and Web Contact||
||If you contact us through our website or by email, we will use the information you send in order to respond to your enquiry or complaint. This information will be kept in order to improve our service to you overall. This processing is conducted lawfully on the basis of 'our legitimate interests'.||Directly obtained or indirectly obtained through our website (notice given at the point of collection).|
||If you make a purchase with us, we will add your contact information to our marketing list and send you information we think you might be interested in. This processing is conducted lawfully on the basis of 'our legitimate interests'.||Directly obtained.|
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer's hard drive through your web browser when you visit any web site. They are widely used to make web sites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Like all other users of cookies, we may request the return of information from your computer when your browser requests a web page from our server. Cookies enable our web server to identify you to us, and to track your actions and the pages you visit while you use our website. The cookies we use may last for a single visit to our site (they are deleted from your computer when you close your browser), or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period of time has passed.
- to allow essential parts of our web site to operate for you.
- to operate our content management system.
- to operate the online notification form - the form that you use to contact us for any reason. This cookie is set on your arrival at our web site and deleted when you close your browser.
- to enhance security on our contact form. It is set for use only through the contact form. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
- to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to improve your experience of our site and enable us to increase sales. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited.
- to record that a user has viewed a webcast. It collects information in an anonymous form. This cookie expires when you close your browser.
- to record your activity during a web cast. For example, as to whether you have asked a question or provided an opinion by ticking a box. This information is retained so that we can serve your information to you when you return to the site. This cookie will record an anonymous ID for each user, but it will not use the information for any other purpose. This cookie will last for a period of time after which it will delete automatically.
- to store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the site next time. This cookie will last for a period of time after which it will delete automatically.
- to enable you to watch videos we have placed on YouTube. YouTube will not store personally identifiable cookie information when you use YouTube's privacy-enhanced mode.
What happens if I refuse to give Emsleys Estate Agents Limited my personal data?
The information about you that we have collected for the performance of our contracts is required in order for us to successfully fulfil our obligations to you. If you choose not to provide the personal data requested, we will not be able to enter into a contract with you to provide the benefits we offer. If we are already processing your personal information under a contract, you must end our contractual relationship (as/where permitted) in order to exercise some of your rights.
We process some personal information as part of a contractual relationship with a Data Controller. Any requests to restrict this type of processing should be forwarded to the Data Controller; they will be responsible for discussing your concerns and making any decisions.
What are Emsleys Estate Agents Limited's 'legitimate interests'?
Legitimate interests are a flexible basis upon which the law permits the processing of an individual’s personal data. To determine whether we have a legitimate interest in processing your data, we balance the needs and benefits to us against the risks and benefits for you of us processing your data. This balancing is performed as objectively as possible by our Data Protection Lead. You are able to object to our processing and we shall consider the extent to which this affects whether we have a legitimate interest. If you would like to find out more about our legitimate interests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What profiling or automated decision making do we perform?
Emsleys Estate Agents Limited does not perform any profiling or automated decision making based on your personal data.
How long will your personal data be kept?
Emsleys Estate Agents Limited holds different categories of personal data for different periods of time. Wherever possible, we will endeavour to minimise the amount of personal data that we hold and the length of time for which it is held.
- If 'consent' is the basis for our lawful processing of your data, we will retain your data so long as both the purpose for which it was collected, and your consent, are still valid. We review the status of your consent every twelve (12) months and treat non-response to our requests for renewal of consent as if they were your request to withdraw consent. Occasionally, we might identify a legitimate interest in retaining some of your personal data that has been obtained by consent. If we do, we will inform you that we intend to retain it under these conditions and identify the interest specifically.
- Identity, Contact and Transaction Data are held indefinitely (subject to object by the individual, or individual’s having left our client’s business) in order to provide a superior service to returning customers.
- If we process your data on the basis of ‘legitimate interests’, we will retain your data for so long as the purpose for which it is processed remains active. We review the status of our legitimate interests every twelve (12) months and will update this notice whenever we determine that either a legitimate interest no longer exists or that a new one has been found.
- All categories of personal data that are held by us because they are essential for the performance of a contract, will be held for a period of six years, as determined by reference to the Limitations Act 1980, for the purposes of exercising or defending legal claims.
Who else will receive your personal data?
Emsleys Estate Agents Limited passes your data to the third parties listed in the section ‘Third Party Interests’ below, for the purposes of providing our services to you, and for no other purpose.
Does your data leave the EU?
Emsleys Estate Agents Limited uses overseas web and IT providers. Details of what data is sent where, and the safeguards in place, are included in the section ‘Third Party Processors’ below.
Third Party Interests
|Name of Third Party Controller||What processing are we performing for them?||If applicable - who is their representative within the EU?|
|HMRC, regulatory authorities or other authorities||We are joint Controller with these authorities who require reporting of processing in some situations||N/A|
|Postal/Courier Providers||Where these providers act as Data Controller, we are joint Controller with them for the purposes of sending you physical documents.||N/A|
Our Data Processors
|Name of Third Party Processor||Purposes for Carrying out Processing|
Who can you complain to?
In addition to sending us your complaints directly to email@example.com, you can send complaints to our supervisory authority. As Emsleys Estate Agents Limited predominantly handles the personal data of UK nationals, our supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office. If you believe that we have failed in our compliance with data protection legislation, complaints to this authority can be made by visiting ico.org.uk.
We found Emsleys Estate Agent to be professional, responsive and friendly, with a genuine concern for myself and sister during the sale of our mother\'s house. I would highly recommend them. Read more
Great experience selling our property through Emsleys. The Sherburn office kept us updated throughout the entire process. Would highly recommend. Read more
Carole and her team were always very helpful and always professional. Emsleys estate agents provided outstanding service throughout my sale from start to finish. I couldn't have asked for more. Read more
Very helpful at every stage, I would recommend to others. Read more
Lisa, Emma and Amber were all fantastic from our initial query to completion day. They went the extra mile for us to communicate with our seller when needed. They also responded in excellent time... Read more
Absolutely exceptional service! Emsleys recently sold my house and I was so glad that I selected them to work with. They were very professional, accurate on valuation and from start to completion... Read more
Really friendly staff, great service, I felt looked after- would recommend. Read more
Excellent service from start to finish, I can highly recommend this company. Read more
Working with Emsleys Crossgates Estate Agents on the sale of my property was very easy - their communication was great and reactions to any queries that would delay things was spot on! Huge thanks... Read more
Excellent service from all the Rothwell team from start to finish. They kept me up to date throughout the sale of my house Read more
Carol was amazing throughout our full journey selling our house. She was always there to answer our calls and help explain things. We would go as far as saying she went above and beyond to help us.... Read more
Fabulous service from start to finish Emma, Lisa and Amber were very friendly, helpful and always available to help at each stage of the selling process nothing was too much trouble. Read more
Generated huge interest in our home after listing with another agent without success. Was on the ball throughout the sale and kept us up to speed with not only our sale but the rest of the chain Read more
We have recently sold our property through Emsleys in Sherburn, we had a very good response to the market and agreed on our sale within 3 weeks. Carol is very professional and a very nice helpful... Read more
Excellent efficient service from start to finish from the Emsleys team, and Carol in particular. Thanks very much! Read more
Our experience with Emsleys was second to none. Carol especially was so helpful and everything went through as smooth as possible. Any queries she was able to answer and if not she did everything... Read more
We have had a great experience with using Emsleys. They have provided fantastic communication with us and put us at ease with the whole transaction. We couldn't recommend them enough for the... Read more
So happy with everything emsleys have done to help us sell our home. Carol has been amazing and helped us keeping track with the process of selling. Thank you so much x Read more
Carol was amazing in helping us with our house purchase. She guided us through the processes, explained everything to us, and provided regular updates which we greatly appreciated given that we... Read more
Carol has been so incredibly helpful, communicative and has helped get the sale through. Couldn\'t have asked for better service. Read more
Purchased my home through the Sherburn in Elmet branch. Carol amp; Amber were so helpful throughout the whole process, they kept me up to date and liaised with the solicitors etc. would use again,... Read more
Provided excellent advice re selling by modern method of auction. Read more
Emsleys Sherburn in Elmet went above and beyond from start to finish!! You made the process so much easier. I thank my lucky stars we bought and sold through you guys. A special HUGE thank you... Read more
Great co ordination from Carol Flynn who really helped push things through for exchange and completion. Excellent service and good communication. Thank you! Read more
We chose Emsleys based on recommendation, and I\'m glad we did. We received multiple offers at, and above, asking price on our property within a matter of days. Special thanks to Carol for... Read more
Excellent service throughout. Great service from Carol and Amber. Would recommend Read more
Pleasure to deal with, lovely team and kept me updated throughout around developments. Very happy with the service would recommend. Read more
The before and after sales service provided by Emsleys - and, in particular, Carol - has been excellent. The Sherburn offices are staffed by helpful, friendly and well-informed staff, who advised... Read more
A big thank you to Carol at Emsleys estate agents helping us with our move. Carol went above amp; beyond to help us amp; we would recommend Emsleys in Sherburn in Elmet to anyone. Thanks again to... Read more
I have been very impressed with Emsleys estate agents in Garforth in dealing with the sale of my property. From start to finish the service has been very professional, and I have been kept fully... Read more
Emsleys went out of their way to ensure a wrinkle free purchase and hassle free procedure from beginning to end. Carol in particular went above and beyond her role to chase delays and rectify... Read more
Prompt professional and conscientious, a pleasure to do business with. This is the second property we have sold through Elmsleys too marks Read more
an excellent service which was always carried out with professionalism and a ready smile. Nothing was too much trouble and they updated us regularly. They were reassuring when we were concerned... Read more
Helpful friendly staff at sherburn office during purchase.always in communication.helped sale go through alot quicker.easy to get on with Namely Amber and Carol Read more
Good, friendly advice, very helpful and quick, efficient service. Many thanks to all staff involved. Will definitely use again. Thank you again. Read more
Very satisfied with the service. Received a quick offer and sale progressed smoothly. Good communication and support throughout sale.Staff were always helpful and followed up the sale to make... Read more
Mike James Gmail
I have had a great experience from all colleagues at Emsleys Estate Agents. Thank you so much for all your help. Read more
All of Emsleys staff worked very professionally, efficiently and tirelessly, and always very politely, on our property sale, providing a really good service. Read more
A very friendly and efficient team- particularly Natalie, as nothing was too much trouble for her. Thank you for all your expertise ! Read more
It's very stressful moving homes but Emsleys were nothing short of brilliant throughout my recent purchase. They were very pro active from start to finish and communicated regular throughout... Read more
Emsleys provided an excellent service from the beginning to the end of the process. Removing stresses often associated with moving house. Read more
Fantastic service provided throughout the house purchase would highly recommend them to any body buying or selling a house in the Sherburn area. Read more
Emsleys were a great option for us. They had our house valued, pictures taken, and on the market within a week and then we had accepted an offer within 4 working days. Carol and Amber from the... Read more
Fantastic local agency that are keen to assist you every step of the way, I found the agents great to use as a first time seller as they were friendly and informative thought the process and able... Read more
Staff at Emsleys were fantastic through our sale. Carol in particular went over and above to ensure we received the best service possible. She would keep me updated with each bit of information and... Read more
The Emsleys team at Garforth have been absolutely exceptional. From valuing the house, keeping us updated every step of the way and their brilliant online sales progression tool to keep track of... Read more
Great communication throughout the whole of our purchase process. As first time buyers they explained every step of the way and chased things up on the other end as and when required. Read more
Although we didn\'t complete on our sale or buy from Emsleys, I can honestly say that they tried their best, the whole team were professional, courteous, did their utmost to do the best for... Read more
Carol was very proactive in keeping us informed during the process. We had some delays during the process which she kept on assisting with to keep the chain moving. Read more
Thank you to all at Emsleys for the help in selling my property, a very efficient service from all involved. Regards David Chipper Read more
how much is your property worth?
Why Choose Emsleys? We're here to make selling your property as easy as possible. We’ll support you in all aspects of moving home; from an initial free market valuation, through to agreeing a sale.Book a valuation