- Two double bedroom detached bungalow
- Popular village location
- Large plot with planning potential
- Occasional loft room
- PVCu double-glazed windows and entrance doors
- Detached brick-built garage
- Council Tax Band D
- EPC rating D
*** DETACHED BUNGALOW ON A LARGE PLOT WITH POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT *** This is a must see! Simply to appreciate the size of this plot, we highly recommend a viewing. This detached bungalow offers an excellent opportunity for further development/extension subject to the necessary planning requirements of course. If development is not for you, the property offers well maintained and cosy accommodation with a wonderful south-facing garden in the ever popular village of Scholes. The accommodation briefly comprises;- entrance hall, lounge, kitchen, dining area, two double bedrooms, house bathroom and an occasional loft room. Outside there are gardens and a driveway to the front and an extensive lawned garden to the rear with a large paved seating area, brick garage and shed. This is a sought after village which offers easy access to the excellent shopping facilities at Crossgates and is a short distance to the new and exciting retail park 'The Springs' at Thorpe Park. Scholes is an excellent location for commuters, with easy access to Leeds city centre, A64 York Road, A1/M1 Link Road and the new East Leeds Orbital road. ***Call now 24 hours a day 7 days a week to arrange your viewing ***
Entrance Hall (4.09m x 1.45m)
A spacious hallway offers two useful storage cupboards and a central heating radiator. A pull-down ladder gives access to the occasional loft room.
Living Room (3.28m x 4.17m)
A feature stone effect fireplace provides a gas fire with a timber mantle and granite hearth. Central heating radiator and two double-glazed windows provide front and rear aspects with a particularly delightful view across the rear garden.
Kitchen (2.69m x 3.00m)
The kitchen is fitted with a good range of modern 'country' style wall and base units with oak work surfaces and attractive splashback tiling. An inset sink unit with mixer tap and integrated appliances include an under counter fridge and freezer, washing machine and a built under electric oven with hob and extractor hood over. The room has a tiled floor, a double-glazed window looking across the garden and a PVCu double-glazed entrance door giving access to the same. Open to the ;-
Dining Area (3.00m x 2.16m)
With ample space for a family dining table and chairs, again with a double-glazed window with views across the rear garden and a central heating radiator.
Bedroom One (3.63m x 3.15m)
A double bedroom with the advantage of two double built-in wardrobes with overhead storage cupboards, central heating radiator, two double-glazed windows to the side elevation and a further double-glazed window overlooking the front garden.
Bedroom Two (3.18m x 3.00m)
A second double bedroom with fitted wardrobes to one wall. Central heating radiator and double-glazed windows again both to the side elevation and overlooking the front garden.
Fully tiled and fitted with a three piece 'champagne' coloured suite the bathroom comprises;- panelled bath with shower and screen over, a pedestal hand wash basin and WC. A useful storage cupboard provides a place for linens and towels and there is a double-glazed window to the side elevation.
Occasional loft room (5.11m x 2.31m)
Offering lots of potential for further development (subject to planning consents) having been used as an occasional bedroom and playroom. The loft room is fully boarded with power, light and a gable end double-glazed window. A small door gives access to the eaves area which houses the central heating boiler.
To the front of the property is a well tended lawn garden with planted borders stocked well with flowering shrubs and perennials. Double wrought-iron gates open to a long driveway which extends to the side of the property and leads to the detached brick-built garage which has a roller door. To the rear is an extensive established garden which could offer development potential (subject to planning consents) and which is currently laid to lawn with planted borders and fruit trees. A large paved seating area offers a lovely space for the family to sit and enjoy the south-facing aspect.
From our Crossgates office on Austhorpe Road head east and at the mini-roundabout turn left onto Pendas Way. Follow until the end and at the 'T'- junction turn right onto Barwick Road. Continue onto Leeds Road and at the end 'T'-junction turn left onto Main Street. Continue onto Station Road before turning right onto Milton Drive where the property is located on the right hand side and identified by the Emsleys For Sale board.
Crossgates is a bustling community with a busy high street, including Crossgates Shopping Centre.
Residents are a mixture of all age groups, with many having lived in the area for a long time. Positioned on an excellent bus route, with its own train station on the Leeds/York route, Crossgates has easy access to the M62/M1/A1, Leeds city centre, north Leeds and the A64 for York.
Our Crossgates branch serves areas including Barwick in Elmet, Colton, Halton, Seacroft, Scholes, Temple Newsam, Thorner and Whitkirk.
- Corpus Christi Catholic College
- Bishop Young Academy
- John Smeaton Academy
- Leeds East Academy
- Temple Moor High School
Pubs & Restaurants
- La Cantina 44, Crossgates - a family-run restaurant serving Mediterranean cuisine.
- Jinnah, Crossgates - an extensive menu offering Indian and Asian cuisine.
- Sorrento, Crossgates - an Italian restaurant that has been serving food for over 15 years.
- The Black Olive, Crossgates - family-run Turkish and Mediterranean restaurant serving lunch and dinner menus.
- The Charles Henry Roe, Crossgates - Wetherspoon pub serving an extensive food menu and drinks.
- The Skyliner, Austhorpe - one of the oldest and most well-known fish shops in Leeds, The Skyliner has been around for over 50 years.
- The Brown Cow, Whitkirk - authentic British cooking and real ales in a genuine local pub.
- Thorpe Park Hotel, Thorpe Park - a seasonal menu prepared with local Yorkshire produce.
- Franco's, Thorpe Park - a family-run business serving Italian food.
- Leisure - Temple Newsam (Tudor mansion set in 1,500 acres of scenic parkland/woodland, plus a Rare Breeds Farm), Roundhay Park (over 700 acres of parkland, woodland and lakes, plus scented gardens for the blind and butterfly gardens known as Tropical World), Crossgates Library (situated on local bus routes, opposite Crossgates Shopping Centre), Thorpe Park Spa (facilities include a swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna and steam room).
- Sporting - John Smeaton Leisure Centre (bodyline gym, swimming pool and sports pitches), PowerLeague (5-a-side football pitches), Scarcroft Golf Club (golf course set in parkland and countryside).
- Shopping - Crossgates Shopping Centre (local businesses including award-winning butchers, grocers and bakers), Seacroft Green Shopping Centre (stores include Tesco Extra, JD Sports and Poundland), Colton Retail Park (stores include Sainsbury's, B&M Home Store and Garden Centre, and Pets at Home) and The Springs, Thorpe Park (cinema, shops and restaurants, including TK Maxx, Next, Boots, M&S Food Hall and Nando's).