- 1790s detached cottage
- Sought after location of Oulton
- Stylishly refurbished to a extremely high standard
- Set in approximately 0.3 acres
- Handcrafted bespoke kitchen
- Many original features
- Unique hidden gem
- No Chain
- EPC rating D
- Council Tax Band E
***UNIQUE HIDDEN GEM*** DETACHED PROPERTY SET IN APPROX 0.3 ACRES *** NO CHAIN*** A rare opportunity has arisen to acquire this circa 1790s cottage in the sought after location of Oulton. Steeped in history and stylishly refurbished to a extremely high standard, this property is in a league of its own. The property is hidden away from view and occupies a secluded plot, which is sure to be of interest to a variety of buyers. The property has undergone a stylish refurbishment from the current owner, the bespoke handcrafted kitchen is well designed and has a real wow factor when you enter the room. This light and airy property offers wood sash windows, stripped original wood flooring and reclaimed stripped internal doors, to list just a few. The beautiful four piece bathroom with free standing bath is ideal for those lazy soaks ! The external grounds do not disappoint set in approximately 0.3 acres of beautiful established gardens offering so much variety, lawn gardens with a play area for the children, planting and potting area with two wooden sheds, one ideal for a work from home office which is insulated, heated and offers power and lighting. The entertaining area is a real plus, fashionable and stylish with a fire pit, decked and seating designed and built by an award winning Yorkshire garden design company. This property is not to be missed and a viewing is highly recommended to fully appreciate what is on offer. *** Call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to arrange your viewing ***
Kitchen/Dining Room (4.39m x 8.28m)
Being a handmade bespoke, crafted fitted kitchen with ample wall and base units with bespoke fittings in drawer units. Space for a range cooker, integrated 'Siemens' dishwasher, space for a large 'american style' fridge/freezer, white quartz counter tops, 'Belfast' sink and a pantry cupboard. Tiled splashbacks and ceiling spot lights. There is a seating area in front of the log burner, making this a lovely cosy, relaxing space. Two double-glazed sash windows to the front and rear, a limestone tiled floor making this room light and airy and being open-plan through to:
Utility Room/Play Room (4.05m x 2.50m)
Following on from the kitchen area the light, bright room has a glass roof and the same handcrafted bespoke fitted cupboards with a built-in wine fridge and quartz worktops. A stripped reclaimed internal door leads to:
Working Utility Room (2.93m x 1.30m)
Being plumbed for the washing machine and added freezer with wood counter tops. The large cupboard space houses the gas meter and gas boiler. There is a central heated ladder towel rail, ceiling spot lights, two 'Velux' ceiling windows and a double-glazed sash window to the front with wooden shutters added.
With a staircase leading to the first floor, an original ornate radiator, two double-glazed sash windows an entrance door and doors leading off to:
Living Room (4.42m x 5.00m)
A large, light room with a feature fireplace with exposed brickwork and a built-in log burner with a stone lintel and tiled hearth. T.V point recessed on the built-in storage unit. There is an additional built-in storage unit to the recessed chimney breast wall, This living space has the original stripped wood floors which have been lovingly restored. French doors lead out to the side garden.
The quaint cloakroom has a low flush W.C, round wash basin fitted in a bespoke unit with wood 'tongue and groove' to the walls. Double-glazed sash window and an original radiator along with the tiled flooring complete this room.
The landing is split and leads off to all bedrooms and a house bathroom. With a double-glazed sash window.
Master Bedroom (3.18m x 4.90m)
The master is a really good size with original stripped wood flooring and reclaimed bedroom door. An original radiator and double-glazed sash window is positioned to the front.
Bedroom 2 (3.15m x 5.33m)
Bedroom two is a really good size with original stripped wood flooring and reclaimed bedroom door. An original radiator and double-glazed sash window is positioned to the front. There is another reclaimed bedroom door giving access to:
Wash room (1.52m x 0.84m)
Fitted with a two piece modern white suite with wash hand basin with mixer tap and low-level WC, double-glazed sash effect top opening window to the front with a deep window sill.
Bedroom 3 (3.28m x 3.51m)
This bedroom is well equipped for the children with a built-in bed unit and drawer steps leading up to the upper bed space, an original central heated radiator, stripped wood flooring and a double-glazed sash window overlooks the side garden.
Bathroom (3.91m x 3.15m)
A large and impressive four piece suite with a double walk-in shower, tiled flooring and walls, rain shower head and a glass screen completes the unit. The free standing bath is ideal for those lovely long soaks. The beautiful crafted unit housing the vanity wash basin and low flush W.C with tiled walls completes the suite. With original features, stripped wood flooring, double-glazed sash window and an original radiator giving a feel of old and new to this delightful bathroom.
There is a shared driveway which is owned by the property that gives access through the wrought-iron double gates, it then leads to a limestone gravel driveway to the front providing ample off-road parking area for up to three cars. There are substantial mature gardens to the front which equate to approximately 0.3 acres inclusive of the drive area. The gardens are mainly lawn, with a variety of mature fruit trees and shrubs. In addition, there are raised vegetable patches, two additional sheds which are hidden away, one ideal for a work from home office which is insulated, heated and offers power and lighting.
The newly appointed fashionable seating area to the side of the property is a lovely space for entertaining, with a formal seating area, sunken fire pit, planting and decking with hidden lighting added around the tiled flooring designed and built by an award winning Yorkshire garden design company.
Rothwell is a busy town situated close to the M1 and M62 motorways.
With easy access to motorway links, Woodlesford train station and Leeds city centre, it is a popular location with first-time buyers and families. Amenities include a Morrisons supermarket and local restaurants.
Our Rothwell branch serves areas including Carlton, Lofthouse, Methley, Oulton, Robin Hood and Woodlesford.
Pubs & Restaurants
- Salute, Rothwell - an Italian-style restaurant and bar serving rustic dishes.
- Gray's, Rothwell - coffee and gift shop with savoury and sweet food options.
- Dill & Bay, Garforth - local restaurant serving a menu with traditional and contemporary dishes.
- Zoya, Oulton - a family-owned restaurant delivering Indian cuisine using locally sourced ingredients (including Rothwell’s special rhubarb).
- The Calverley Grill, Oulton - located in Oulton Hall Hotel, the restaurant serves classic British dishes with a twist.
- The Boundary House, Methley - a country pub and restaurant offering a seasonal menu of traditional pub food using local ingredients.
- riversMEET Café and Crafts, Methley - a family-run café serving home-made food from locally sourced produce. It also hosts regular workshops and classes, from painting and jewellery-making, to knitting and book clubs.
- The Pavilion, Rothwell - family-run café in Springhead Park serving breakfasts, lunches and desserts. There is also a takeaway and delivery menu.
- Hare & Hounds, Rothwell - A 200 year old coaching inn located in Central Rothwell, serving a wide variety of drinks alongside traditional pub lunches.
- Leisure - Leeds Canal (great for walking, running, cycling and wildlife spotting), Leventhorpe Vineyard (five acre vineyard that produces an array of wines for visitors to purchase), Oulton Hall Spa (offers facial, body and beauty treatments, with facilities including a pool, sauna and steam room), Springhead Park (popular park in Rothwell with a playground and tennis courts).
- Sporting - Rothwell Leisure Centre (bodyline gym, sports courts and swimming pool),
Oulton Hall Golf Course (27-hole golf course, driving range and putting green), SnoZone (indoor real snow slope at Xscape, Castleford).
- Shopping - Rothwell centre (home to a number of local businesses, retailers and cafés), Junction 32 (retail outlet based in Castleford) and White Rose Shopping Centre (only a 10 minute drive and full of popular retail brands).