- RARE OPPORTUNITY
- APPROX. 5600 sq ft.
- POTENTIAL TO IMPROVE FURTHER
- SET IN APPROX. 1.5 ACRES
- SEPARATE ANNEX LIVING
- ADDITIONAL PADDOCK AVAILABLE UPON NEGOTIATION
- Council Tax Band G
- EPC Rating E
Guide price £1,300,000 - £1,350,000. Upon entering Milford House one is immediately captivated by the warm and inviting ambiance that permeates throughout. The ground floor showcases an open-plan kitchen/living/dining room, an impressive space with underfloor heating and bi-fold doors running along two walls which open to the patio and make the most of the west-facing aspects. The kitchen, adorned with bespoke solid oak wooden cabinets, a combination of granite, oak and marble worktops and large stone flags has been finished to exacting standards. Built-in appliances include a triple range oven and dishwasher. There is a good sized dining and seating area, making it an ideal room for family living and entertaining. Continuing through the ground floor there are a further four well-proportioned reception rooms as well as a study, separate utility room, pantry and laundry room. There is a side entrance to the property which has the striking feature of a glass covered 30ft well with lighting. Ascending the staircase, there are five double bedrooms and a refurbished house bathroom. The principle bedroom links to a further room which was formerly an en-suite bathroom and dressing room which could be easily reinstated or used as a sixth bedroom. Bedroom two has access to an attached room which has been plumbed and plastered for an en-suite bathroom or additional bedroom. Adjoining the house is an annex with a gym and WC to the ground floor and a self-contained apartment with a large kitchen/living area and bedroom with an en-suite bathroom. Externally, the property is encompassed by its own beautiful, thoughtfully designed gardens. The large west-facing terrace features a wonderful outdoor kitchen and pizza oven, an idea place for 'Al-fresco' dining and entertaining. There is also an outdoor swimming pool which is currently decommissioned but could be reinstated with some remedial works. A further paddock is available upon negotiation making this home truly one of a kind.
A grand entrance with high ceilings and a spacious welcoming hall, with an ornate ceiling rose, coving, traditional features and a radiator. Door access with stairs leading to the cellar.
To the left you will find a sitting room with a central fireplace with a wood surround, high ceilings and cornice. Glazed doors lead to the front garden.
A more formal additional reception room to the right of the hallway, which has a central fireplace with fire, picture rail surround, "Parquet" flooring and two radiators. Glazed doors lead to the dining room and doors leading to the garden.
Formal Dining Room
Central fireplace, coving to the ceiling and two radiators with covers. Picture rail surround and "Parquet" flooring.
Side Entrance Door
With tiled floors and a feature 30ft well, lit beneath and having a safety glass cover. Door to WC.
Two piece suite comprising of a low level flush, wash basin and having a radiator.
Step down to a study area with a window to the side and a door leading to a further reception room.
Tucked away, this room which offers versatile living and has a bay window to the front aspect, central fireplace with gas living flame fire, a useful built-in storage cupboard and a radiator.
Bespoke Open-plan Kitchen/Dining/Living
Fitted with bespoke wall and base units with high level furniture. Solid oak fittings and central island with work surface and granite inset. A further cabinet fitted with marble work surfaces. Space for a ' Range Master' or 'Aga' cooker. A 'Belfast' sink is fitted with a chrome mixer tap and an integrated dishwasher. Exposed feature beams and sash windows to the side. Opening to a further dining/snug area. A fantastic light and airy room with 'Velux' style windows and bi-folding doors leading to the garden. Church stone flooring with underfloor heating and stunning views of the garden.
With a side composite entrance door and a door leading to the second staircase. Windows to the side aspect and a useful pantry store.
A further utility is provided as part of the original house along with a further WC.
First Staircase To Half Floor Landing
Suite comprising of panelled bath, pedestal wash basin, a low level WC and a walk-in shower enclosure. Radiator and windows to the side and rear.
Doors to rooms.
Spacious room with two windows to the side aspect and a Juliet balcony over looking the rear garden, radiator and door to a potential en-suite/bedroom.
Potential En-Suite/Dressing/Bedroom (4.7m x 3.89m)
Generous size room with potential to be an en-suite/dressing room or extra bedroom. Currently plastered with first fix for plumbing.
Window to the front aspect over looking the lawned garden, radiator and step to a potential bedroom.
Potential En-Suite/Dressing Room/Bedroom (5.0m x 2.82m)
Generous size room with potential to be an en-suite/dressing room or extra bedroom. Currently plastered with first fix for plumbing. Stairs off the bedroom which are positioned over the house bathroom on the floor plan (so not visible).
Fitted with wardrobes, radiator and a window to the side aspect.
Windows to both the side and front aspects and a useful wash hand basin.
Fitted with two storage cupboards, radiator and a window to the front aspect.
With two separate entrances, this addition to the house can be adapted to your own personal use. For teenagers, this is an excellent space for independent
living or for those looking to combine a large family living together.
Ground Floor Reception Room
Currently used as a gym by the current owner, this can be used as a further bedroom or sitting room. A
door then leads to a kitchenette area and downstairs WC.
Opening to the open- lan lounge/kitchen area which is fitted with base and wall units, a one and a half bowl sink and drainer with a mixer tap and an electric hob and oven. Patio sliding doors lead to the Juliet balcony and there is a door to the bedroom.
Double bedroom with window to the rear, radiator and a door to the en-suite.
Walk-in shower enclosure, pedestal wash basin and a low level WC. Heated towel rail, tiled floor and a window to the side.
An electric remote operated gate provides a private and secure entrance to the grounds from the shared access road. Looking to the right of the property after entering are three open garages and a sweeping and circular gravelled drive to the side of this grand home providing lots of space for and ample parking for several vehicles. A stone terrace overlooking the well kept extensive lawn and formal gardens. With high boundaries, this private home boasts ample garden space and there is a huge selection of mature shrubs among the grounds there is substantial area of lawn to both the front of the property and the side. With stunning countryside views and aspects the property has the addition of a paddock to the rear along with a de commissioned outdoor swimming pool. A vegetable plot and flower beds along with plenty of space for play and outside entertaining and set among approximately 1.5 acre grounds.
There is an additional paddock which can be included subject to negotiation on price.
Sherburn in Elmet is a popular small town situated between Leeds and York.
Having plenty of local amenities, making it an ideal destination for families and older generations. Sherburn has easy access to the motorway network (A1/M1/M62), as well as close proximity to local railway stations including South Milford and Church Fenton.
Our Sherburn branch serves areas including Barkston Ash, Burton Salmon, Church Fenton, Hillam, Monk Fryston, Saxton, Selby and South Milford.
- Sherburn High School
- Selby High School
- Selby College
- Tadcaster Grammar School
- Brayton Academy
- Garforth Academy
- Sherburn Hungate Primary School
- Athelstan Primary School
- South Milford Primary School
- Barkston Ash Catholic Primary School
Pubs & Restaurants
- Cumin Lounge, South Milford - Indian restaurant serving authentic dishes using traditional herbs and spices.
- The Rockingham Arms, Towton - family-run pub offering classic dishes using local ingredients.
- Elmet Kitchen, Sherburn in Elmet - freshly prepared authentic Bengal cuisine, using locally sourced produce.
- Saffron, Sherburn in Elmet - authentic Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine available to eat in or take away.
- The Crooked Billet, Saxton - serves breakfast in the morning and traditional pub grub in the evening - it is also the home of the giant Yorkshire pudding.
- The Castle Inn, Cawood - a pub serving traditional meals, light bites or buffets for parties. Features a touring caravan park.
- Sherburn Community Trust - offers library, tea room and village support network
- Fields Garden Centre and Kitchen
- The Motorist Garage & Workshop and The Arnage Restaurant
- Plus, there are lots of local pubs in and near the village serving food, as well as several takeaways.
- Leisure – Brayton Barff (an ancient woodland), Skipwith Common (a nature reserve comprising 500 acres of lowland heath, with three waymarked trails), Stillingfeet Lodge Gardens (quintessentially English garden all managed to be as wildlife friendly as possible).
- History – Selby Abbey (1,000 year old abbey with iconic architecture, sacred space and a vibrant worshipping community), Towton Battlefield (historic location with places to walk), Lotherton Hall (country estate comprising a country house, Edwardian gardens, woodland walks and a bird garden).
- Sporting – Fitness Motion (gym, fitness classes and personal trainers), Everyman Racing (bespoke driving experiences, cars include Formula 1 Grand Prix, Ferrari, McLaren and more), Sherburn Aero Club (an airfield and flying club where you can learn to fly or admire the skills of a pilot), many local sports clubs and activities.
- Shopping – Sherburn centre (local, family-run businesses including bakers, butchers, DIY stores and more), York centre (hop on the train and enjoy York’s history, shops, bars and restaurants), Designer Outlet (indoor shopping centre on the outskirts of York), Leeds centre (catch a train to take advantage of the wide range of shops, bars and restaurants), Xscape (leisure complex near Castleford with shops, bars, restaurants, cinemas, a snow slope and a bowling alley).
Market your property
with Emsleys Estate Agents
Book a market appraisal for your property today. Our virtual options are still available if you prefer.